Kauai luau Princess excursion

Grammy and Papa

I'm not sure about a 'special ceremony' but we've been to a luau at Smith's. Worth it? It depends... It was pricey, I think around $50 a person (this was not with a cruise line). The food was good, but about what you'd expect for a buffet feeding 1,000 people. The grounds are really quite nice. The family that runs it all has been there a long time and are really friendly, they come around and greet everyone during dinner. The show was ok, although I found it almost unbearably hot being surrounded by 1,000 people in an ampitheater.

We did it because hey, it's something you have to do once in your life. But as expected, we found that the luau is pretty much a touristy thing to do and it's a fairly crowded and at times cheesey event...

Debtman,

Thanks for the info. We're not sure about this exersion. From looking at the times that it is offered, we may not be able to do it anyway. We really don't understand why a cruise offers exersions for a port when you have to be back to the ship before the event ends. :(

Grammy

Archived