Carniival Legend August Prices High or?

bizzy2010

Have i forgotten just how much 7 day cruises cost out of tampa? $1500 is about what ************* quotes are at. IT just seems high... Did i just forget how expensive these bigger ships/lengths are? Is it worth it? I'm coming off of last years norwegian sky out of miami which for the price was worth it, since we got a good deal on the viceroy down there (amazing)

My first experience was freedom of the seas, so it was obvious norwegian sky didn't come close... But my gf's first cruise she liked it. Didn't live upto all the hype of how amazing freedom was, will Carnival Legend be a little closer to freedoms quality?

We usually do a cruise in the Fall and one in the Summer. The Fall cruises are sometimes double. But, if you book in advance they're not as bad. We got the Valor for July for like $800. I wouldn't pay much over that (for an inside room) and I would never pay $1,500.

We are paying appx. 1000 per person (for 3) for a July cruise on Legend for an extended balcony and glad we booked when we did because it was the cheapest we could find for a 7 day for that week. It has done nothing but go up since.

That is a good price for a balcony. For our July cruise it is more than that for an inside room. I would never ever pay that much for an inside!!

We are paying appx. 1000 per person (for 3) for a July cruise on Legend for an extended balcony and glad we booked when we did because it was the cheapest we could find for a 7 day for that week. It has done nothing but go up since.

That is a good price for a balcony. For our July cruise it is more than that for an inside room. I would never ever pay that much for an inside!!

Its gone up for sure though because, 2 years ago it was like 450-500 less for July also.

Yes, summer is always high because of demand. But the biggest factor I find in booking cruises is when to book. For cruises that I see are high in demand, I know to book early as the prices tend to go up. Others you can wait till the last minute.

I think the situation you're facing is that you waited too long to book for a high demand time.

The last couple of weeks of August aren't too bad. We're on the Valor August 21-28 and currently the balcony prices are around $830 pp I think.

Prices are even lower the following week.

Many school systems in the south are back in session by then, so I guess demand starts dropping.

I did notice this weekend that the prices for JS, OS, & VS just went up $20 per person on the cruise we have booked to Alaska. Our cruise isn't until June of 2012 so I was a bit surprised to see price fluctuations this early. I'm guessing fuel prices and summer demand are always reasons for price adjustments.

Archived