Would you notice? Same Dress

I would only notice if the dress was really, really distinctive, to the point of stopping traffic. Otherwise, maybe I'm incredibly self-centered, but I almost never really notice what anyone else is wearing.

Pack light and enjoy yourself!

OK..I know this is a silly question. But I want some opinions on it. I am trying to reduce the amount of luggage that I take since we have to fly. It is a 7 day cruise. I do like to dress up. But I don't have a lot of dresses..and I don't want to take too many. I have 3 that I love and don't take up much space so I am probably going to take all of them.

Anyway..here is the silly question. Do you think that you would notice if someone else wore the same dress multiple times on the same cruise?

No, not at all

OK..I know this is a silly question. But I want some opinions on it. I am trying to reduce the amount of luggage that I take since we have to fly. It is a 7 day cruise. I do like to dress up. But I don't have a lot of dresses..and I don't want to take too many. I have 3 that I love and don't take up much space so I am probably going to take all of them.

Anyway..here is the silly question. Do you think that you would notice if someone else wore the same dress multiple times on the same cruise?

If I saw someone wearing the same dress....I would say ......there is a smart packer. I wear the same jacket and change ties....my wife wears the same dress and accessorizes it with a different scarf or wrap.

I don't think if anyone would notice or care. If they do, who cares? I like the idea about different jewelry. What I do is bring 2 different shawls or dressy sweaters, I usually get cold in the MDR and theater and they are really easy to pack.

One of the best threads I have read in a while, gosh, no flaming or criticizing. There are decent folks on CC. Wear what you like as many times as you feel comfortable doing it. It is your cruise and your vacation. Enjoy and hope you have a great time.

If it were a particularly stand-out-ish dress (wasn't there someone who wore what looked like a dead peacock to some oscar event a couple of years ago??) you might be noticed. Otherwise, even at traditional dining situations, no one really notices..or cares.

Go for it! I think most people today are packing light these days. We plan on doing some mixing and matching ourselves. We will wear a couple of pairs of slacks and shorts twice and change out the tops.

I bring two pairs of dressy pants. One black and one dark grey. I also bring 3 dress shirts, 2 pairs of shorts and 4-5 t-shirts.

My wife brings 2 pretty neutral dark dresses. She will just alternate them and wear them with a different color sweater or accessories.

might we notice? yes.

do we know you didn't bring your entire wardrobe? yes.

my first cruise, i packed two suits. how quick did i learn to pack one? very.

our first cruise was 3 years ago and we packed dressy clothes for dinner everynight for a 12 night cruise. My husband and I were light packers compared to some of the others that we were travelling with. we had 3 suitcases for both of us, the others had over 6 suitcases per couple. there was one couple that did a lot of traveling and have really learned how to pack light. The accessorised outfits differently. The husband had a tux with him and used different pieces for some of the nights and the wife had a black skirt and pants and used different tops with them.

I am now going on my 3rd cruise and I am definetly packing lighter than the first. I allow myself one suitcase, if flying less than 50 lbs. I am able to manage everything in the suitcase and will be packing 3 very compact dresses for the cruise elegant nights. My husband always travels light, probably one pair of pants and multiple tops. Last cruise he forgot all of his hanging clothes and rented tux pants and used a collared shirt.

Who cares if people see you in the same thing, enjoy your vacation.

PS - I did do laundry on both cruises as well

If it is noticed, it doesn't matter since the ships have valet service and machines for use (at a fee of course). We have washed clothes on our cruises, it cuts down on clothes. travel febreeze it good too.

Even if they do, does it matter because you probably won't see them again :p

I plan to do the same, but we have ATD so it's not a big deal. I think it's more awkward if you have assigned dining and see the same people every night but I rotated a couple of dresses on our first cruise and no one ever mentioned it or looked at me oddly.

What is awkward about it?:confused: Wearing the same dress twice is no big deal-I'm all in favor of cutting down on luggage. Take your three dresses and have a great time-no one will notice, and if they do, who cares?!:rolleyes:

Pat

I am taking my first cruise at the end of July, but I have been reading these boards for a while.

I don't think I will notice because I will be too busy on Elegant Night gawking at the people in shorts and jeans and t-shirts!!:eek::D

I would notice, but then, I will be doing the same thing. On our first cruise, there was a woman at our table who cruised a lot. She had one long black dress that she wore every formal night (4) with different chunky/crafty jewelry. If anyone would be so rude as to remark that you wore that before, just say 'Yes, it's my favorite, I wear it as often as possible'. EM

Yep, basic black and change the accessories and jewelry

I would not notice and I am sure others would not either. Infact...that is a good idea to get a black dress and use different accessories. After all hubby only has 2 tuxes and we probably will only take one of them. He can wear the same thing so can I and you and anyone else who wants to downsize luggage.

...it is very easy to mix-and-match tops and bottoms.....

No one will notice. Most of us guys wear the same suit to both formals (when we decide to go), and sometimes only change the shirt and/or the tie, if then. We mix/match most of our outfits, so we dont even know or realize what was worn with what and when. Don't worry abot it, go and enjoy yourself with whatever you choose to wear.

As a male why would I care or even notice.

My DW gets flustered with me because I have 3 pairs of the same exact cargo shorts. I bring them all on the cruise (and I do change them each day).

But she feels that people might think that I only have one pair that I'm wearing all 5 days. Gotta' love her!!! :p

If it is noticed, it doesn't matter since the ships have valet service and machines for use (at a fee of course). We have washed clothes on our cruises, it cuts down on clothes. travel febreeze it good too.

Yeah I have already planned on taking advantage of the valet service to save luggage space/weight. I don't want to spend any of my time doing laundry..but I don't mind filling a bag for someone else to do it.

Archived