A Cruise Over Christmas ho!ho!ho! - Questions for ya!

6 of us

I am trying hard to talk my family into cruising over Christmas. Hope they go for it!!

The deal I found that I think everyone could afford is for the Bahamas.

1. Do they serve some kind of traditional American Christmas meal? (I need selling points for the grand parents:rolleyes: )

2. Do they decorate the ship with traditional Christmas decorations?

3. Are the Bahamas warm enough in December? How about the water?

4. Can I expect a full ship during this holiday?

Any other info is very much appreciated.

We are going on out first Christmas cruise this year and I will tell you what I have found.

1. Yes they decorate the ship. It starts after Thanksgiving

2. Yes they serve turkey dressing etc the night of Christmas.

3. Dont know about water temp never been to the Bahamas

4. I heard that even Santa Claus is onboard.

5. Heard there was a Christmas show and the kids that participate get a small gift.

6. And finally. I cant friggin wait:D

The answer to everything but the weather is YES! One Christmas we had 60 degree temps, and wind - it was chilly. The next Christmas we had 80 degrees. We did find the beach water comfortable - and I get chilled in the water very easily. We love cruising during the holidays, and will be on Liberty this Christmas!

I was worried about "high prices" but then last week I saw an amazing sale from priceline but that is gone. POOP! :(

Did anyone get a special? Are we allowed to share that kind of info here?

Just an option: we always cruise either the first or second week of December. Ships are decorated, Christmas show is offered, everyone is very festive because we're all on a cruise while everyone else is going crazy with shopping and fretting about getting ready for the 25th! Ships are also much less crowded too. Then we come home and enjoy a merry little, quiet, Christmas with no hassle. Don't know if this would work for you, but it sure makes for a pleasant Christmas season.

We loved our Christmas Cruise. It was so much fun. Crowded but fun. We are thinking our next cruise will either be a week before or after the holiday in hopes of having a few less people on board.

The holidays are the perfect time for a cruise, makes it even funner than it already is.

We did a cruise over Christmas in '09. We all had fun, but it just didn't feel like Christmas. We are glad we went but we won't be cruising over Christmas again.

We got great prices, btw but I booked it about a year out.

Just an option: we always cruise either the first or second week of December. Ships are decorated, Christmas show is offered, everyone is very festive because we're all on a cruise while everyone else is going crazy with shopping and fretting about getting ready for the 25th! Ships are also much less crowded too. Then we come home and enjoy a merry little, quiet, Christmas with no hassle. Don't know if this would work for you, but it sure makes for a pleasant Christmas season.

This is what we are doing. I'm hoping for the experience you mentioned. Christmas is my favorite season. LOVE IT! Can't wait for a beautifully decorated ship! Hope it's as lovely as it sounds. :D

The ship is so pretty during the holiday. The weather very nice when we to the Bahamas in January. Almost hot one day. I love breaking up the winter with a cruise. It is also a cheap time to cruise so we planning for it be annual vacation time.

264020_230802096931040_100000037545159_1070997_959605_n.jpg

253467_230802376931012_100000037545159_1071010_4073037_n.jpg

Archived