Review - Carnival Freedom - June 12 to 18, 2011

Cuizer2

Great review! So excited because we will be on the Freedom very soon. I know it may be trivial but do you remember what movies were playing while you were on board?

I'll have to check the Fun Times.

Good review. We were on the ship at the same time. Just wanna add for anyone that might be interested that the Piano Bar performer (Dave) was GREAT!.

Movies that were playing: Lots of kid stuff...Harry Potter, Yogi Bear, Tron Legacy, Despicable Me, Little Fockers (twice). Not thrilled with the movies this time around and it was one of our fave things last year. Basketball the 1st night and then quite a few concerts too.

Golly all of those movies are older and although I could watch Harry Potter every day I was hoping for something a little more recent.:o

Here's to another fantastic job on your review.

Love your photos :D What camera did you use?

Most of the pictures on the ship were taken with a Nikon D5100. Most of the pictures off the ship were taken with a Canon A590IS. The pictures on Grand Cayman (and in the water) were taken with a Canon D10.

Most of the pictures on the ship were taken with a Nikon D5100. Most of the pictures off the ship were taken with a Canon A590IS. The pictures on Grand Cayman (and in the water) were taken with a Canon D10.

And here I thought I was crazy carrying two cameras... Canon Powershot SC780 and D10. :D

After looking at your photos :D and reading your lengthy review :rolleyes: ;) I might consider Carnival.

Enjoyed reading your review. We will be boarding the Freedom on July 16th. It will be our 3rd time on this favorite ship!

Off topic question- Love your pictures. What camera do you use? I'm looking to get a new one.

Most of the pictures taken while on the ship were taken with a Nikon D5100. Most of the pictures taken off the ship were taken with a Canon A590IS. The pictures taken on Grand Cayman (and in the water) were taken with a Canon D10.

Great review! So excited because we will be on the Freedom very soon. I know it may be trivial but do you remember what movies were playing while you were on board?

Sunday evening:

Katy Perry Live in London

NBA Finals game six

Monday evening:

Tangled

Little Fockers

Tuesday evening:

Secretariat

Tron Legacy

Wednesday evening:

Despicable Me

Thursday evening:

Harry Potter - Deathly Hallows

Megamind

Friday evening:

Yogi Bear

Little Fockers

And here I thought I was crazy carrying two cameras... Canon Powershot SC780 and D10. :D

Last year, I bought myself a new Canon Sx120is for our cruise. It has a long telephoto range. We brought a couple of disposable waterproof cameras along. We really never went on our water excursions but decided to use the cameras on the beach. Yech. What lousy pics.

Just got my D10 even though my cruise isn't until Dec. I wanted to have a chance to test it out before hand. Timing is everything in life. My step-son's roomate proposed to his GF under a waterfall this past weekend-all captured with my

D10 .

You are not crazy.

OP: Very nice review. Oh, and nice pics, too.:D

Edited by Calico Jack Sparrow

Last year, I bought myself a new Canon Sx120is for our cruise. It has a long telephoto range. We brought a couple of disposable waterproof cameras along. We really never went on our water excursions but decided to use the cameras on the beach. Yech. What lousy pics.

Just got my D10 even though my cruise isn't until Dec. I wanted to have a chance to test it out before hand. Timing is everything in life. My step-son's roomate proposed to his GF under a waterfall this past weekend-all captured with my

D10 .

You are not crazy.

OP: Very nice review. Oh, and nice pics, too.

LOVE LOVE LOVE your screen name and photo! :D

Congrats to your DS's roommate.

My children gave me the D10 for Christmas....

I HAD to test it out before our cruise is April so I took it into the bath with me. :o

Pictures came out great!

I have another underwater camera which doesn't compare. ;)

Use to use those cheap underwater cameras. If you're looking for quality photos, this isn't the way to go.

Sad thing about my new camera of only four months, while on our cruise snorkeling, the snap button that takes photos got stuck. :eek:

After that I couldn't use the camera.

I sent it to Canon to have repaired, but they couldn't and sent a reconditioned one in it's place.

Well, as soon as I turned it on there was an error lens message and the camera turned off.

Did a search on this and found it's very common problem with the D10. :cool:

So, I sent the camera back, with a long letter.

Last week I received a brand new D10.

So far so good! It's been working fine. No messages.

I have to take into the bath to see how well it does under water.

Fantasic review. Going in September with my mom. Foolish question, do they have refrigerator in balcony cabin? Thanks again for wonderful reading.

Yes. It is small and doesn't keep things all that cold. Nonetheless, it is there.

Great job on review! As for flights I would have to disagree with you. Next time check out Virgin America. Cheaper flights out of lax, plus red eye flights. Direct flights to Fll. I'll be flying them again in july for my cruise.

Great job on review! As for flights I would have to disagree with you. Next time check out Virgin America. Cheaper flights out of lax, plus red eye flights. Direct flights to Fll. I'll be flying them again in july for my cruise.

I don't like red eye flights. Virgin America is the airline my friends were on.