crown and anchor

we have just completed our first cruise this weekend and are sorry we had to leave the ship :(

we have tried to register online for the crown and anchor society when we got back, it won't let us :( keeps coming up with 'you have no eligible sailings' :confused: it wouldn't let us register before we went and now cant do it after we have been..why? do we have to wait a certain amount of time?

any help much appreciated

I had the same problem after my first cruise. If I recall, it took a few months before it recognized me as someone who had cruised before. If you call them, I'm sure they can verify it right away, but I just waited it out and did it online.

I had the same problem after my first cruise. If I recall, it took a few months before it recognized me as someone who had cruised before. If you call them, I'm sure they can verify it right away, but I just waited it out and did it online.

thanks, wished we had took the time out and registered on the ship now :D

we have just completed our first cruise this weekend and are sorry we had to leave the ship :(

we have tried to register online for the crown and anchor society when we got back, it won't let us :( keeps coming up with 'you have no eligible sailings' :confused: it wouldn't let us register before we went and now cant do it after we have been..why? do we have to wait a certain amount of time?

any help much appreciated

Gidday.

Yes, it takes a few weeks, but could have been actioned on the spot if you saw the Loyalty rep on board..

Don't worry yourselves about it, we've found RCI to honour any promises or deals in the past.. If you need to book something now, and want to take advantage of a benefit, they will do it for you.. The record of your sailing is on file.. :)

P

Gidday.

Yes, it takes a few weeks, but could have been actioned on the spot if you saw the Loyalty rep on board..

Don't worry yourselves about it, we've found RCI to honour any promises or deals in the past.. If you need to book something now, and want to take advantage of a benefit, they will do it for you.. The record of your sailing is on file.. :)

P

thanks guess i will have to patient :D

You have to wait about a week until the data is there.

Even if you call them they won't be able to register you until the cruise is showing though. The UK # is 0844 493 5010

thanks did think about calling them, will wait a few weeks and try again :)

Not sure if it works same in UK but the C&A web pages say "up to two weeks" for points to post so I would assume the same timing for first cruise. But that's not real handy info in this case because it is on a page only members can access. ;)

Gidday.

P

Onboard they do not have the facility to enrol you. They just send an email to the US office and ask them to do it.....when the cruise has pulled through. Same delay! If you fill out one of the cards on board it can take months for them to be processed.

Best for the OP to call the UK office about 7-10 days after they returned and they should be able to give her a number over the phone.

Does anyone know is this the case with subsequent cruises too, do they take a week or so to update?

Next Jan we are on a four night bahamas followed two days later by a seven night Caribbean both out of port canaveral. The first cruise will take us platinum and obviously I'd like to enjoy those benefits on my second cruise...especially the balcony future cruise discount!

The balcony discount is probably a no, since their systems won't show you as Platinum until about 10 days after youir first cruise ends. However, if you print out your cruise credit history and bring it with you, the onboard LA will probably recognize your Platinum status on the second leg.

Guest maddycat
The balcony discount is probably a no, since their systems won't show you as Platinum until about 10 days after youir first cruise ends. However, if you print out your cruise credit history and bring it with you, the onboard LA will probably recognize your Platinum status on the second leg.

You could book your future cruise while onboard. When you return home and your status officially changes to platinum you can contact RCI for the platinum balcony discount. They'll apply it at that time.

Does anyone know is this the case with subsequent cruises too, do they take a week or so to update?

Next Jan we are on a four night bahamas followed two days later by a seven night Caribbean both out of port canaveral. The first cruise will take us platinum and obviously I'd like to enjoy those benefits on my second cruise...especially the balcony future cruise discount!

It does. Your card will probably show you as gold. Bring your card from the last cruise. If they won't upgrade you to platinum, go to the Loyalty Ambassador when you get on.

We became platinum in the middle of a b2b and the Loyalty Ambassador put a platinum sticker on our cards and gave us platinum booklets for the second half.

Onboard they do not have the facility to enrol you. They just send an email to the US office and ask them to do it.....when the cruise has pulled through. Same delay! If you fill out one of the cards on board it can take months for them to be processed.

Best for the OP to call the UK office about 7-10 days after they returned and they should be able to give her a number over the phone.

There is a way around that. We sailed on a back to back on the Serenade in April with a couple who had never cruised before. They were able to enrol on board directly with the Loyalty Ambassador who ensured they received their Crown and Anchor benefits on the second week's cruise. Exactly as the above poster said, the Loyalty Ambassador put the gold sticker on their SeaPass card to ensure recognition.

Suzanne

You could book your future cruise while onboard. When you return home and your status officially changes to platinum you can contact RCI for the platinum balcony discount. They'll apply it at that time.

True, which would work for future cruises. The problem the OP has is that the second cruise has already been booked, and will depart two days after they get off of the cruise that makes them Platinum. Unless the LA onboard intercedes on their behalf and somehow manages to get them an onboard credit for the balcony, they won't be able to get balcony credits until their next cruise. That one (the TA in April 2012) just requires a call to C&A after they get home to get it applied.

As with the OP lorrdean, if you want a benefit you are entitled too, following your first cruise, RCI will make good.

This is where the onboard LA, will be sure to allow you any benefits that you are entitled to..

P

We also had the same issue - are you using Internet Explorer? Whenever I try to do anything on the RCCL website using Firefox or Safari, I am unable to get the site to work properly. If I switch over to Internet Explorer - everything works like clockwork.

Archived