Using 75000 RCCL rewards for discount

I have 75000 RCCL rewards but can't redeem for companion fare because it is for oceanview room and I have inside promenade room booked. Crown& Anchor said that I can request 75,000 point certificate, and use for $750 discount instead, even though that option isn't listed on rewards choice list, there will be option to use for either discount or companion fare, listed on certificate. But I'm kind of worried that option wont be there, and I wonder if I should just redeem for onboard credit. Has anyone ever used 75000 certificate for $750 discount instead of companion fare?

I have 75000 RCCL rewards but can't redeem for companion fare because it is for oceanview room and I have inside promenade room booked. Crown& Anchor said that I can request 75,000 point certificate, and use for $750 discount instead, even though that option isn't listed on rewards choice list, there will be option to use for either discount or companion fare, listed on certificate. But I'm kind of worried that option wont be there, and I wonder if I should just redeem for onboard credit. Has anyone ever used 75000 certificate for $750 discount instead of companion fare?

Here is the number to the RCI Coupon Redemption Center 1-888-305-4626. Call them and inquire. I have a feeling that they will just tell you to write in on the back of the coupon what you want to use it for. Make sure that you make a copy of both front and back after any additions have been added.

I agree with Patti. Call RCI and ask them what they recommend. We have had coupons in the past that we wrote on them what we wanted to use them for and RCI accepted them. The worst case scenario would be to order several certificates and use your points that way. 50,000 points for discount, 15,000 points for discount and then two 5,000 points for OBC. That will be $650 off the cruise and $100 OBC. I'm sure you can find a way to spend $100 OBC :D.

Whoever you are talking to is incorrect.

Whatever kind of room you have booked, you have earned a free companion fare credit based on the going rate for the oceanview room. Unless the value of the oceanview cabin (one passenger) is less than $750, you should choose the companion fare.

If your promenade cabin is more expensive than an oceanview, you will still have to pay the difference, but you should get the full credit.

I just used my companion fare for a balcony room. I had to pay the difference between the balcony rate and the oceanview rate only.

As indicated above, call the RCCL redemption center. They can confirm. YOu will check off "companion fare" on the back of the coupon.

Whoever you are talking to is incorrect.

Whatever kind of room you have booked, you have earned a free companion fare credit based on the going rate for the oceanview room. Unless the value of the oceanview cabin (one passenger) is less than $750, you should choose the companion fare.

If your promenade cabin is more expensive than an oceanview, you will still have to pay the difference, but you should get the full credit.

I just used my companion fare for a balcony room. I had to pay the difference between the balcony rate and the oceanview rate only.

As indicated above, call the RCCL redemption center. They can confirm. YOu will check off "companion fare" on the back of the coupon.

Royal was 100% right. You CAN NOT book an inside no matter the price if your trying to use a coupon that says Oceanview. You can go up in categories and pay the difference but not down. We went round & round with them because my parents wanted a Promenade instead of an Oceanview and were willing to get less credit for it but they said it is not doable, period. In the end they kept the promenade, got the 1% value for their points using them for onboard credits & reduced fares instead of the 2% max you can get for using them for companion fares or free cruises. Goodluck, unfortunately call again I am sure you are going to get the same answer :(

BonVoyage

Dawna

Well it turns out that you definitely can't use companion fare for anything lower than

oceanview stateroom. I called several times and got the same answer each time.

I did however get different answers as far as the 75000 point certificate being redeemed for cruise credit instead of companion fare. Some said that certificate can only be used for compaion fare, and others said that it could be used for cruise discount as long as I wrote on back of certificate what I wanted to use it for.

I did have a small disaster happen last night. I had called Bank of America only to inquire about redeeming rewards, and they went ahead and issued a $75000 certificate without my request and without telling me. I only found out when I had called today with more questions. Being that I had gotten different answers about wheter or not I could use this certificate, I cancelled this certificate, but now Bank of America says that it will take 2-4 wks to reissue points back to me. My cruise is end of August, so I was worried about getting certificates in time, but when I called the RCCL points number, they reassured me it would be okay, and said if it is withing 30 days I could just call them with the certificate numbers.

Thanks for all of the advice and the phone number which was really helpful.

Archived