Looking for FLL Beach Area Hotel--2/12

Hi! I'm sure someone can help me, though I realize it may be too early to check/book anything right now.

I am looking for a pre-cruise hotel in the FLL Beach area...one night for sure, possibly 2 if I can find a good deal. 2/24 and 2/25.

We normally stay at the Courtyard FLL Beach (usually pay around $160 & love the location), but I was thinking to try priceline this time to grab a better deal. Is anything to be had for under $150 per night in this area? If not, around $150 will do as well. Not sure if that's too low for that time period.

Any advice will be appreciated! I've never done priceline, but I am thinking to go that route this time...

hi, there are several threads on this same subject so you might want to scroll down on the main page and read what some people have to say. we have a cruise comming up in feb 2012 and we already booked our 2 night pre-cruise at the weston diplomat beach resort in hollywood on hotwire. if its up on hotwire and other sites then its not too late to book. personally feb is a very popular time in miami/ft laud so i wouldn't wait to book if you see something that you like, it would just give you a peace of mind that its done. enjoy your cruise! :)

hi, there are several threads on this same subject so you might want to scroll down on the main page and read what some people have to say. we have a cruise comming up in feb 2012 and we already booked our 2 night pre-cruise at the weston diplomat beach resort in hollywood on hotwire. if its up on hotwire and other sites then its not too late to book. personally feb is a very popular time in miami/ft laud so i wouldn't wait to book if you see something that you like, it would just give you a peace of mind that its done. enjoy your cruise! :)

Thanks for the info. Did you do the 4* FLL Beach Area then?

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=78&

If you look here at the Ft Lauderdale Priceline beach zone, you will see that the zone is quite wide and that some of the hotels are a few blocks from the beach. You can get a great deal but could end up in a hotel that will cost you $35-40 each way in cab fare.

Thanks, appreciate the help :)

is the diplomat within walking distance to restaurants, shops, etc???

I was wondering the same thing...how far is Hollywood from FLL Beach?

We stayed at the Diplomat (golf location, they also have a beach hotel)last year and it really wasn't close to the beach or other things. They had good food at the resort and the resort itself was very nice. It was only one night before the cruise, so we weren't interested in many other things.

We are staying at the beach the next cruise in October. Didn't want the longer taxi ride and wanted the beach. We were able to get a 3 1/2 star hotel, on the beach for $75 through hotwire.

I was wondering the same thing...how far is Hollywood from FLL Beach?

South of Ft Lauderdale is Dania Beach, and south of that is Hollywood. The Diplomat is at the south end of Hollywood. It's close to 10 miles from Fort Lauderdale beach. Taxi fare from airport and to port is about $35 each way.

i haven't gotten to doing the transfers yet but i'm planning to use sas from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the port in ft lauderdale. i'm reading that it is $8.00 pp each way. i used them in feb and they are awesome!!!!

as far as resturants, the boardwalk is about 1/2 mile away that you can walk to on a nice day/night or take the trolly that picks you up in front of the hotel for (i think) $1.50 pp each way. there are alot of stores there also. the hotel shuttle will take you between the beach resort and the golf resort for free. i read that there is a great outside resturant across the street from the weston diplomat that serves burgers and such and you get some kind of discount if you are staying at the weston.

The #4 county bus will take you from the hotel north to Le Tub. It is a very casual waterfront bar/restaurant that has been there so long that it is famous.http://www.theletub.com/

wow that looks great! thanks! :D

Archived