Golden PRINCESS EZ CHECK - INFO/SEA

Janet Foster

We were the last cruise from LA on the Sapphire before she headed for Alaska and because of this the company that ran EZ had stopped it before our cruise. Our flight wasn't until 11:30pm. so we had planned our using EZ check then spending the day touring the area. Not wanting to lug our luggage around with us, we shipped it home through FEDEX, costing more than the airline plus the phone calls home to have our son make the arrangement and the taxi fare to FEDEX. So if there is a way to check ahead of time from now on I will. I really think Princess should have notified us that they were not offering EZ check on our cruise.

Do you have to take Princess transfers at the end of your cruise to participate in ez luggage check? We have a towncar reserved to go to airport, but would like the ease of ez check too!

Thanks for your help!

I don't mind the bags so much but would take advantage of this I think. Are we unable to print out our own boarding passes while on the ship? I would like to check in 24 hours before to move our seats if possible.

Do you have to take Princess transfers at the end of your cruise to participate in ez luggage check? We have a towncar reserved to go to airport, but would like the ease of ez check too!

Thanks for your help!

No, you do not need to take Princess transfers.

Remember that EZCheck is only for flights after a certain time which will vary by port and what time the ship is scheduled to arrive.

I don't mind the bags so much but would take advantage of this I think. Are we unable to print out our own boarding passes while on the ship? I would like to check in 24 hours before to move our seats if possible.

With EZCheck, Princess will give you your boarding passes. That should not prevent you from going online and trying to switch seats.

If you are flying on SWA or another airline that you need to check in 24 hrs in advance please arrange with someone back home to check you in at the designated time. You could go online in the internet cafe if you wanted but the connections are often slow, so why not just have someone back home do it.

Our SWA back to Dallas was OVERSOLD on Sunday, June 18th. This meant that if you arrived to the airport and didn't check in prior or was uable to check in and all of the boarding passes were already taken, the only way you could get on that flight was if someone gave up their seat for an alternate flight home. The airlines "may" oversell the flight, they often offer those who give up their seats flight and cash vouchers. But if they do not get any takes, then you would be put on the next flight home.

So for this reason I always have a dependable family member or friend, complete the check in process for me at home and then when I get to the airport I just have to print out my pass. Be sure to provide them with the local time they should check you in an your itinerary number. My family members set alarms on their phones to remind them.

Archived