Water package on carnival?

CanWeGoYet?

i was curious about this too! I drink a ridiculous amount of water and i prefer drinking it from bottles just for the convenience of it. I asked john and he said water isn't part of the package but it probably should be. Maybe if enough of us ask they'll do something about it. I just don't want to have to buy bottles of water every time because I drink so much of it....

I never consider the soda package because I don't drink soda either..but if it included water, I'd buy it in a second and the 15% gratuity doesn't bother me.

ut it tastes funny. As a result, the coffee and tea tasted like the water too. .

I agree....I haven't had this experience on all my CCL cruises, but definitely a few of them...I noticed that the ships that have the worst sewage odor, usually have water that tastes funny. There seems to be a correlation. And it does affect the teas/coffees.

I guess Im the type to say these are the rules .. this is what I have done with no problem.

I really can't see the difference whether I tote the water to the cabin or they deliver it. Either way it ends up there, so is it really breaking the rules? Are you really concerned about this, or are you just wanting to add posts to your gazillion already?I commend you if you have never bent/broken a rule in your life. We need more people like you.:rolleyes:

I really can't see the difference whether I tote the water to the cabin or they deliver it. Either way it ends up there, so is it really breaking the rules? Are you really concerned about this, or are you just wanting to add posts to your gazillion already?I commend you if you have never bent/broken a rule in your life. We need more people like you.:rolleyes:

Carnival has changed the rules lately that all beverages must be in your carry on- Checking them in you might not get those beverages.

This is a recent change in policy and some ports are strictly following it.

Lots of first time cruises read the boards.

I dont like to mislead people into assuming its ok.

thats why I said if you are posting to break a rule, why not say ok this is the rule.

I know many have posted, a porter chased after them because they thought it was ok to put drinks in their checked luggage and they were stuck there with all their drinks holding them in their arms.

I want people to be prepared for the eventuality that the porters may make them take out the drinks out of their checked luggage, as has been posted on here.

I call it cover your arse, .. dont tell people sure you can do this, if you know the rules say differently.. tell them probably you can.

As I understand it the ships water is about as pure as you can get it.

Why would it cause problems with water retention?

I don't think it contains contaminants, but it is desalinated and who knows what % of the sodium is removed. I don't know that it has a higher sodium content than the tapwater you get on land, but I strongly suspect it does. I always used to swell up on a cruise, the last time I cruised I brought on lots of bottled water. And it is the first time in over a decade I didn't have major fluid retention problems.

Yes the food is heavily salted, and the coffee tea etc is made from the ships water. But at least my kidneys are getting a break when I drink some water that isn't higher in sodium. That's my theory, and it panned out for me, I'm not telling anyone else that's what they should do.

As for the person who posted about portion control etc, I am not one of these people ordering multiple entrees or desserts. I've never gained weight on a cruise, when I have weighed myself a day after disembarking my weight has always dropped a small amount.

Could you imagine the price of a soda card if it included waters?

I don't get why it should be more though. I mean you go into a grocery store & a liter bottle of pop isn't necessarily cheaper than a liter of bottled water.

Maybe the space for storing it? I guess the soda cards on CCL only cover fountain soda - so they reconstitute it from the ships water. Hmm, on second thought it really might be a lot more expensive.

I'd just want a water package if I could buy one. I am not a big pop drinker.

And yes I know the ships water is safe. I just do better with bottled water, I've found I don't have the water retention problems if I drink bottled water for the most part.

I think you may be a victim of a well-played marketing campaign.

I have seen filtered water bottles showing up this year, and have heard great things about them, though I haven't tried personally. Camelbak makes one called the Groove, and I've seen one in stores called the Bobble.

Has anyone tried these?

As I understand it the ships water is about as pure as you can get it.

Why would it cause problems with water retention?

I agree the water quality is very good, but for some reason every time I cruised (been on 11 with CCL), my ankles blew up like balloons.

Only when my budget became a little less tight and I started springing for bottled water did I notice that my ankles weren't swelling up on cruises anymore.

I drink a lot of water as water is my beverage of choice unless I want a cocktail, so from that point forward I began sticking mostly to the bottled water (except in coffee or tea or a few sips from my water glass at dinner but other than that, I buy the 1.5 liter bottles as it's a better deal than the single serve bottles). I can't explain it, but that has been my experience.

I think you may be a victim of a well-played marketing campaign.

:confused: I don't buy bottled water at home. I drink water from my tap. It's fine. I don't have problems with swelling at home. So the marketing scheme may be missing it's mark slightly.

BTW, I did not start this thread to debate whether or not I should be buying bottled water. That's my business. Just asking about a water package.

Archived