Needed .. Definitive answer to tipping on Sun Princess

kate59

It is not a rumor that only Aussies and Kiwi passengers have the compulsory tipping waived.

My wife and I returned from a 12 day pacific cruise on Dawn Princess on 25that the May. For the first four day's of the cruise we had the $10 a day each compulsory tip added to our OB account. When I inquired at the Purser's office as to why this was being added they explained that as we had booked on line from Vancouver Canada, (we live in Adelaide)the compulsory tips were automatically added on. The tips are still added for bookings made overseas irregardless that you may be an Aussie or Kiwi. I dont know what would happen if, for instance a USA citizen booked on line with an Australian TA.

When we explained that were Australian citizens the auto tips were refunded after signing the waiver form which has always been the case.

Hope this explanation helps.

John

Interesting that, overseas bookings on Sun Princess/Dawn Princess, having to pay the auto tip still. I bet that the cruise fare is lower than what the Aussie/Kiwi pax has to pay though.

Thanks John now I know for sure how that one worked.

Unfortunately there has been some miss information about with regard to the tipping and some other things. If does get confusing since Aussies seem to get treated differently by Princess although this time Princess did recognise our culture in this one.

Archived