Airfare Sale

azappraiser

For any of you in markets served by SWA that haven't booked airfare yet, you may want to check out their web site. They're advertising a 3-day sale... offering prices as low as $40.00 pp/1 way. Of course, some restriction do apply. The website has all the details.

Save some money if you can!

Seems like I get an email from SW and Delta every few days with another sale. But, when I check you need to fly from nowhere to neverbeenthere on the 2nd tuesday at 6am.

Pretty rare that I have seen a "real" sale. But I am sure there are some.

We just booked our airfare today on Southwest for our cruise in September from Dallas to New Orleans to go on the Spirit. The cost was $40.00 per person one way and neither flight was at 6:00 am. Saturday departure, Monday return. Free nights at Harrah's pre and post cruise!!:D

I just checked them the other day (on our flight we have booked now for our Spirit cruise to NOLA) and they cost $300 more for us now. I'm glad we booked when we did.

Now looking at it, we can get the flight for $80 out, but they up the price to $300 to return. :eek:

I just checked them the other day (on our flight we have booked now for our Spirit cruise to NOLA) and they cost $300 more for us now. I'm glad we booked when we did.

Now looking at it, we can get the flight for $80 out, but they up the price to $300 to return. :eek:

If you did have SW out there and you stated it did drop to 80, then you can change that flight to that fare and be credited for the difference to be used within a year of first purchase. You stated return flight went up, so you would only change the fare on the flight out there. You don't have to do both.

If you did have SW out there and you stated it did drop to 80, then you can change that flight to that fare and be credited for the difference to be used within a year of first purchase. You stated return flight went up, so you would only change the fare on the flight out there. You don't have to do both.

Yes, I know. We've already done it twice since the first booking and have a pretty hefty credit already.

However, I'm not sure how you can only cancel part of the flight, instead of the entire thing. We would save $141 for the flight there, but coming back has increased. So we wouldn't want to cancel that part. :confused:

Airtran is having the same sale too because Southwest owns them.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked SW but the flights I need weren't avail, but Airtran flys out of an airport closer to me. so I will check them.

EDIT: Nevermind so great savings there either :(

Thanks for the information..

I had already booked through Southwest for my October cruise out of New Orleans..

When I checked the sale I was able to save $250.00!

Now have a nice credit to use within a year. :)

Whenever I book a Southwest flight, I book the outbound and return flight separately. There isn't a savings with them on a r/t fare. A change when the fare goes down is easy as pie!

Whenever I book a Southwest flight, I book the outbound and return flight separately. There isn't a savings with them on a r/t fare. A change when the fare goes down is easy as pie!

THAT'S what I'm doing wrong then. I would probably have to cancel our entire flights and reschedule, which isn't really worth the hassle to me.

Archived