Should we be pleased?

nerysj

Just been sprinkled with dust from the upgrade fairy (I think)?!

We are on the Grand next week..we were in two EE cabins on Plaza deck -outside cabins, but now upgraded to BC balcony on Aloha A739 and A743. I know they are Aft and below the Horizon terrace...but I'm thinking it's perhaps a good upgrade (hopefully)?

Anyone with any experience of these cabins?:confused:

Just been sprinkled with dust from the upgrade fairy (I think)?!

We are on the Grand next week..we were in two EE cabins on Plaza deck -outside cabins, but now upgraded to BC balcony on Aloha A739 and A743. I know they are Aft and below the Horizon terrace...but I'm thinking it's perhaps a good upgrade (hopefully)?

Anyone with any experience of these cabins?:confused:

Seriously? you really have to ask? Any BALCONY is always better than any OV cabin, any day of the week, on any ship on any line.......Just take it and enjoy it. :D

Hi Nerys!

OMG - How are you? Sounds like an awesome upgrade. Have fun this summer. Perhaps we'll meet again on a future cruise. :D

Best

Hi there...how are ya?!!

We were hoping to do new York and a New/England cruise 2012, but Princess are not sailing during July/August.....shame!!!!!!

Until we meet again...........adios!! x

I was only worried about the position of the balconies...underneath the Horizon Terrace, and perhaps possible issues with noise.

I had a similar balcony cabin on the Golden a few years ago -- maybe not quite so far aft, but in the same neighborhood. We had no problem with noise, and being so close to the pool was lovely. I would definitely pick a midship/aft Aloha cabin again.

Seriously? you really have to ask? Any BALCONY is always better than any OV cabin, any day of the week, on any ship on any line.......Just take it and enjoy it. :D

There are some folks who don't want balconies because they

are worried about their small children getting over or through

the railing.

And, there are balconies on Grand that are way forward, and

are inside a section of the Promenade deck -- so people walking

by look into your cabin. To me, that would be worse than

an ocean view.

There are some folks who don't want balconies because they

are worried about their small children getting over or through

the railing.

And, there are balconies on Grand that are way forward, and

are inside a section of the Promenade deck -- so people walking

by look into your cabin. To me, that would be worse than

an ocean view.

I couldn't find these balcony cabins on the plan of the Grand on the Princess website. In fact I couldn't find a cabin of any kind on the promenade deck. Perhaps another deck?

Those aren't balconies, they're considered OV cabins. I had one for the short 1-day cruise I did a couple of months back, and they do have a better view than the other OVs, but you do have people outside the window, at least during the day (at night the upper part of the Promenade deck is closed off so nobody will be out there.) The windows are also mirrored so people can't just look in and see inside the cabin.

Found 'em! They're on that upper part of the "promenade deck" that is actually on Emerald deck. No, those wouldn't be very private, would they?

Have actually stayed in them....they are just fine...better than being on a balcony with all above looking down. We could only see foot passengers if we looked over the balcony.

I would highly recommend them.....and also a good price.

Those aren't balconies, they're considered OV cabins. I had one for the short 1-day cruise I did a couple of months back, and they do have a better view than the other OVs, but you do have people outside the window, at least during the day (at night the upper part of the Promenade deck is closed off so nobody will be out there.) The windows are also mirrored so people can't just look in and see inside the cabin.

There are obstructed views OV next door to the Emerald balconies, but are hardly obstructed...our sons stayed in them....they were fantastic value!

Archived