Shoe help

Hi all, so I know there is a fashion section but there arent many Aussies on there. Whenever i ask questions i get suggestions for brands or stores we dont have in Australia. Or they have different names for clothes or shoes. So i thought i'd come over here and see if anyone here can help.

I am after a pair of good quality comfortable flats(sometimes called ballet slipper shoes, court shoes, slip ons) I bought a pair of open toe and closed toe shoes years ago. They are really great and versatile and i started wearing them all the time so they started to wear out. Ive gone back and bought more from same places like target, big w, k mart, rubi shoes but there no good

So I'd like to go out and spend a bit of money and buy some good pairs. I have no idea on brands or anything like that though. Can anyone give me any suggestions on brands and even whats a good price to pay. I often go to "shoe shed" with my sister where there ad says "major brands are always on sale" But as i dont know the brands im not sure if im getting a bargain or a scam. I thought about heading to shoe shed again this weekend as well as Harbor town. So if i could go equiped with some brands to look out for that would be great.

I am primarily looking for a black dressy/sparkly pair for the cruise but need some others too. Im 28 if that helps suggesting brands:o:o:o

Help please

Hi Nelie,

I agree about the Beauty and Fashion board...very few Aussies there.

For the comfy department I'd choose Hush puppies, DF's, or Homy Peds. These can be up to $120.

Sorry I can't help with a brand for the evening shoes...patent black would be OK and versatile. If you choose glittery trims, it will limit what you can wear with them.

Enjoy your cruise when it comes.

Thanks I've actually heard of a few of those brands.

Any other suggestions would be great too:D

Try this link the are a W.A manufacture of high quality comfy shoes...

www.paulcarroll.com.au

Alternatively on a lighter note may I suggest something that may fit all occasions (see pic below)..not only will you look a treat if invited to the captains table..but getting around the ship will be a breeze..:D

5649236_Ultimatecruiseshoes.jpg.25a37ebf101551769bda827f392ea92e.jpg

Actually you have brought up a good topic Nelie as shoes to wear on a ship are important.

I have seen people slip , and or trip on deck trip , through wearing the wrong footwear.

The decks outside can be uneven and they all generally have some sort of slope to allow water to drain away. Jandals, I think you call them thongs or flip flops are quite tricky to wear . Likewise inside the ship , the floors never seem to be even , so comfortable and sensible shoes are important for both men and women.

Actually you have brought up a good topic Nelie as shoes to wear on a ship are important.

I have seen people slip , and or trip on deck trip , through wearing the wrong footwear.

The decks outside can be uneven and they all generally have some sort of slope to allow water to drain away. Jandals, I think you call them thongs or flip flops are quite tricky to wear . Likewise inside the ship , the floors never seem to be even , so comfortable and sensible shoes are important for both men and women.

I agree :)

So ummm rollerskates don't cut it??..:o :D

Hi Nellie. I don't know where you live but the shoe shop I love is Peter Sheppard Shoes in Collins Street Melbourne. There is also one in Sydney. My husband shudders whenever I say I am going there!!

They have a web site. I think it is petersheppard.com.au but do a google search.

Their shoes are very expensive BUT the service is outstanding and the choices amazing. They will ensure that you get a very comfortable and long-lasting pair of shoes for any occasion.

just back from 46 nights on the Sun princess and I lived in a pair of flat black Sandler shoes - paid $80 for them a few weeks before the cruise and comfortable - would wear all day and sometimes on the casual evenings as they were a bit dressy but still flat.

I also have a plastic pair of white shoes - the type similar to the second Crocs design - not the big clogs. These also were great however a bit slippery around the pool areas but probably because the tread was worn down a lot.

Did you find anything Nelie? For our recent European trip I bought a pair of Zensu ballet flats, wore them every day and they were really comfortable. They have a big range and a bit more fashionable than some of the comfort brands, but still quite comfortable. Think they were about $120 but they are looking good considering all the wear they had. I got mine on line, I think it was shoebox dot com dot au and Zensu have quite a good website as well to look at styles.

Penny

Also check out Kumfs Australia on google. They have never made shoes for fashion, but concentrated on sensible and comfortable shoes that really do fit.

Just wish they made mens shoes as well.

Kumfs was rebranded as Ziera a few months back to attract the younger customers too. They bring out shoes every season now to match the fashion. Their shoes are a bit pricey but very comfortable and some will take orthotics.

The service in their shops is fantastic.

I have a few pairs and live in them :)

I am considering a couple of pairs of 'onesole' wedges for my upcoming 30 day cruise. QANTAS has reduced the luggage allowance to 1 piece and 20kg :mad: so I need to really pack light. Last cruise I swear I packed 12 pairs of shoes/thongs/sneakers/sandals/etc (and yes I wore them all, out of principal lol). Footwear is my weakness. I think these 'onesole' shoes are amazing because the uppers are detachable, so you can buy a number of uppers and mix and match to your outfit.

They come in a range of heel heights, and since I can't wear heels due to chronic knee problems, I would probably buy the 1 inch wedges. They are a simple design so I think they could be dressed up or down. They are a bit pricy to buy locally, but I have found some very good deals on ebay. You can check them out on the US website here ... http://www.onesole.com/

Has anyone had any experience with them?

Cheers,

Carina

After a serious fall on the Rhapsody last January on formal night I now refuse to wear anything too high. I hurt myself :( but not as much as my ego as I swan dived across the shiney tiles on Deck 5 with a zillion people milling whilst alighting from the lift :eek: Most embarrassment! Sober too. Probably wouldn't have cared if I was blind haha

Moral of the story: Don't catch lifts LOL

I am very reluctant to buy things before trying them on. I have made a few purchases recently and they turned out to be terrible. Even when i try things on they dont turn out to great.

i ended up buying a pair of Diana Ferrari flats on sale in Harris Scarf. $30. They are black with sequins but not like super shinhy or anything like that but nice enough for dinner but not over board for everyday use. However ive worn them and my heel slips out the back and kinda comes off. Apart from that, they are great. So i bought some fab feet heel grips. Left foot is fine now but the right still slips a bit and now the shoes feel tight in the toes:rolleyes: I am wearing them around the house before and after work to try and wear them in. I had open toes flats for my last cruise and holiday. I now remember my feet feeling a bit constricted and was wishing i had bought some sandals.

So im still looking for other flats for when im not cruising but some strappy kitten heels or wedges is now on my list:D

Archived