Towel animal question

murph1031

We sailed on the fasination last week and I got a quick question. I left a tip in my cabin for the cleaners every day on the cruise. We had a balcony room and our kids were in the room across the hall. I never thought to leave a tip in the kids room, which leads me to my question. Every night the kids had a towel animal waiting in their room for them, except the last night of the cruise, this night they got nothing. They were a little upset, they looked forward to it each night, wondering what they would get. On the last night after seeing no towel animal, they followed us to our room, only to find that we HAD a towel animal. Do you think my kids got nothing on the last night because they didnt tip, or did we get an extra because we did tip?

NO, your children did not not receive a towel animal the last night because you did not leave a tip. I have no idea why they wouldn't - that said, did you remove the auto tips for their room or were you satisfied with their service? That would be the only reason I could think of that not having a towel animal would happen. BTW - there have been plenty of times that I have not had the towel animal on "whatever" night. Perhaps the cabin steward was just overwhelmed.................no worries.

Probably just random but not very observant on the part of the rood steward. :( I plan to tip a little extra at the beginning and ask them to leave 3 animals each night - one for each of my girls. Maybe if you do it again you could let them know the kids look forward to them and specifically ask them to be sure and leave them?

Sorry the kids were bummed, I know how that is. :(

I never removed the auto tip, I just a tip daily extra in our room, because I was very happy with the service and felt like leaving a little extra. Never thought about it really until last night. Its no big deal, just something thats bugged me since I returned from trip, next time I will spilt the extra tip and leave some in each room. Servive was excellent, I never ran out of ice.

Archived