Confusing info about buying a FCC

b714210

I am cruising in a couple of weeks and planned to buy a FCC for a January cruise. I thought if I booked the cruise now, I could not apply the FCC, it could only be applied to a new booking after purchase. My PVP says, no go ahead and book now to get the price, you can buy and apply after booking. Does anyone have any different info about this? TIA

According to the certificate, the cruise must be booked after. And that's what my pVP told me as well. If you aren't booking ES - I guess you could book and cancel - if the savings is worth it.

Like for a cruise 5 days or less you only get $50 onboard credit. So if the price of the cruise has gone up $30 pp then it was better to book cruise now and not use the FCC.

I believe its $75 for 6 days and $100 for 7 days.

The FCC is good for two years. I bought one in May 2010. I already had my 10/10 cruise booked. So couldn't use. I didn't buy in Oct because it's not offered on Sensation so planning to purchase this July for 2012 cruising.

I am cruising in a couple of weeks and planned to buy a FCC for a January cruise. I thought if I booked the cruise now, I could not apply the FCC, it could only be applied to a new booking after purchase. My PVP says, no go ahead and book now to get the price, you can buy and apply after booking. Does anyone have any different info about this? TIA

Tia, wait and just book when you get on the cruise in a couple of weeks. This is straight from the paper I received.

OPTION 1 - BOOKING A CRUISE WHILE ON BOARD

If you know when you want to cruise again, we (Carnival) will help you arrange your vacation today.

o You will receive the onboard credit promotion, PLUS...

o We (Carnival) will give you two vouchers to give to your family

and friends so they can receive the same onboard credit offer as

you.

OPTION 2 - FUTURE CARNIVAL VACATIONS CERTIFICATE

Not sure when you can cruise again but want to receive this great offer?

o With only a $100 deposit per stateroom, you can lock in the

onboard credit promotion with a Future Carnival Vacations

certificate. The certificate is valid for 4 years and can be used as

payment towards your next cruise.

o The certificate can be redeemed through your travel agent or

Carnival and is combinable with most cruise fares.

I think your PVP is just trying to get a booking now, maybe because haven't sold alot of cruises this month or something. Sometimes they can be a little pushy.

Good luck and I hope this helps whichever decision you make.:D

o With only a $100 deposit per stateroom, you can lock in the

onboard credit promotion with a Future Carnival Vacations

certificate. The certificate is valid for 4 years and can be used as

payment towards your next cruise..:D

I find this very deceptive. It makes it sound like you can book a cruise with only a $100 deposit.. which isnt true.

You still put up a full deposit.. calling it a deposit on some un-named unbooked cruise doesnt hold a thing.

Also, the FCCs are now only good for 2 years, started maybe Feb of this year.. so this is from a FCC bought before then.

I find this very deceptive. It makes it sound like you can book a cruise with only a $100 deposit.. which isnt true.

You still put up a full deposit.. calling it a deposit on some un-named unbooked cruise doesnt hold a thing.

Also, the FCCs are now only good for 2 years, started maybe Feb of this year.. so this is from a FCC bought before then.

I understand what you mean by deceptive but that is what it says on my paper. Also I purchased this one back in October of 2010.

I understand what you mean by deceptive but that is what it says on my paper. Also I purchased this one back in October of 2010.

I got 4 or 5 more that say they are good for 5 years .. and my small print has other terms. I have not been booking lately in a way that I can combine it with FCCs. .. so they are not getting used up. I will probably have to turn them back in for a refund.

They were good 5 years, then 4 years, and now 2 years.. I liked them better when they were good for longer.

Archived