Planning Party

ourcruise

HI All! I love this site, there is so much information. This is probably here but I didn't know where to look.

Our group of 24 will be going on the Carnival Ecstasy in October. Most of the group have never been on a cruise. I would like to put together a booklet or itinerary for each couple to give at our "cruise party".

I would like to know if yall have:

made a booklet?

what did you include?

I am thinking it should include:

emergency cruise ship info

the port of calls

packing list

etc.

I can't wait to read yalls ideas!!

counting down the days

jenny

Include the cabin numbers of everyone in group.

If you have different dining times, include their meal times.

List impostant places and their locations (what deck, fore or aft, etc). This could be the show auditorium; main dining room; gift shop; different clubs, lounges and bars; photo gallery and shop, spa, etc.

Are you all doing the sme excursions? If yes, include a little info on each port call, and about the excursion; if different, list who is on which excursion.

Hope this helps, have fun.

Not booklet related, but I would invite someone who's been on many cruises to be there to talk about things like packing half the clothes you think you'll need and twice the money, what to expect, talk about tipping, the type of attire for the MDR and other alternatives if they don't wish to go there, etc, and have a Q&A.

Did you book through a travel agent because for a party of 24 they should supply something like this to you with an itinery map, excursions available, recommended excursions, how to get to port, parking, van info, just about everything you should know should be provided.

These are some great ideas!! Of the 24 going only 6 have been on a cruise before. We had a blast! We did our on thing but meet up at night to have dinner and drinks.

We did book through a travel agent but one person has been collecting the money and information to bring to the agent. I am a planner and love list, so I thought about making the book for everyone. We took way to many clothes and thought of things to bring next time like a night lite. I think this would help first time cruisers.

Thanks.

Jenny

Yes, I made one a few years ago.

After it was done, I took it to Office Depot and had them bind them in the little plastic combs. It was about 59cents each. They were a big hit and everyone thought they were helpful. Everyone was a newbie, except me.

They all still have them.

The front page was a picture of the ship.

2nd page: Before you leave & Don't forget:

Then: a page for each day and space to write notes about the day

the page listed where we would be, etc, or what excursion we had planned

I had a page for phone numbers, emails we might need, pre-cruise hotel numbers, transfer information, confirmation numbers.

One page had our flight times and flight numbers.

A couple of blank pages marked Cruise notes & Cruise favorite moments

I put a card stock on the back.

The store put a clear plastic sheet on the front and the cardstock on the back. With the plastic comb binding they looked really good.

I only had 5 to make. Very inexpensive project and fun to do.

Originally I was making it 8 1/2 x 11 - but seemed too bulky....so, I changed it to 1/2 of that. I turned it landscape and cut the paper in half.

(so about 4 inches by 5.5)

I also made for a longer cruise for us, a calendar and typed in where we would be each day and our times for each port. Laminated it and put magnetic tape on the back and we all kept them on the back of our stateroom doors. Made it real handy to see the date and what was coming up. (we were gone about 30 days)

Archived