drinks packages independance

hello I am going on my first cruise in sept on the independance and just had a little question about the drinks package (39/49/59 euro alcohol package). I looked at the rci website a few weeks ago and this definatley didnt include soda and now it does. Is this the same as the soda card or not? Does it work the same way? Sorry I am just a little confused.

thanks#

claire

Is this the package that is only available on board? thanks
Yes

Am I right in thinking that a couple in a cabin both have to purchase a drinks package:confused::confused::confused: What if only one of them actually drinks alcohol:confused::confused::confused:

Q. How does the guest buy the package?

A. The alcohol beverage packages will only be available for sale onboard. A package must be purchased by all eligible guest’s in a stateroom (Please note, exceptions may apply

Who doesn't drink..?

Well I don't drink, but my husband likes a beer or two.......so does that mean he can't buy a beer package?

Unless he drinks a lot of beer he is better off buying by the can.

Yes both of you would have to buy at least one of the plans...not necessarily the exact same plan.

Makes sense for the soda pack to be included. We are going on Indy in 4 weeks and have been thinking about the booze pack. Would have to be the middle one for us as DW likes mixers more than beer and the house wines.

The thing is we are not really big drinkers. An afternoon beer poolside and two or three drinks in the evening, wine with dinner. Usually take the wine pack but would not have to. Love the occasional wild cocktails but there is the uncertainty about them being included in the middle one. Not quite worth it for us. Close though. The convenience of just waving a suitably boozed-up sea pass card does tempt!

Mathematically though, a few days ashore and we reckon you would quickly drop below the break even point. Then unless you had 8 drinks each next day, to catch up!... OK for some. We'd be hungover all day! Not ideal really.

If they could take 5 dollars off each one we'd probably take it. And then still be touch and go if we would save.

I wonder what the sales stats are? They are clearly watching closely and fine tuning. Maybe they'll see this!

Thanks for posting the link to the package - we are on the Indy in November and will each get the classic package.

Just one question - it says house wine by the glass - does anyone know if this includes sparkling wine ? it's always nice to have some bubbles at times!

If not, I see it includes 25% off items bought outside the package ...

Kind regards

Jane

Thanks for the great link! Can you tell me which other two ships are on this pilot progran?

Legend and Grandeur.

Thanks for posting the link to the package - we are on the Indy in November and will each get the classic package.

Just one question - it says house wine by the glass - does anyone know if this includes sparkling wine ? it's always nice to have some bubbles at times!

If not, I see it includes 25% off items bought outside the package ...

Kind regards

Jane

Yes it includes house bubbles by the glass! Have some Cockatoo Ridge for me!!! We can't get that in England:(

We are thinking of getting one of these packages on our cruise rather than a wine package and getting drinks individually, can anyone tell me if these prices include the 15% grat? I am happy to pay the 15% on top of course, I am just curious.

Archived