Emirates Palace Hotel Visit from Dubai: Worth It?

XFed2001

Any comments on taxiing from Dubai to visit the hotel and lunching there. My wife thinks it might be a much and not worth it. I've read so much about the hotel's lavishness and the like, I figure that I'll probably never have the chance to return to the area, so why not? I believe that a round trip taxi will cost about $110 USD along with probably another $100 USD for lunch for us both. We'll be in Dubai for 3 days before embarking on a Regent Cruise to Athens on March 30, 2012. Any thoughts and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Are you talking about the Emirates Place Hotel in Abu Dhabi? I guess you are from the taxi ride you quote. It is about 70 miles on a "killer" road.

While the Emirates Place Hotel is indeed very spectacular, there is so much to see in Dubai I don't think it is worth it. The Dubai Burj Al Arab would be a much better and closer choice, but would probably cost the same. The views from the skyview room, Al Muntaha, is amazing.

Then there is the recently opened Burj Khalifa (worlds tallest) tower. Or you could go skiing at the indoor Mall of the Emirates. And then there is always the Gold Souk district or the Palm Islands.

Dubai taxis are cheap, very clean and well run. There is also a hop-on hop-off tourist bus that will take you to the major site and would take up at least 2 full days.

J

Are you talking about the Emirates Place Hotel in Abu Dhabi? I guess you are from the taxi ride you quote. It is about 70 miles on a "killer" road.

While the Emirates Place Hotel is indeed very spectacular, there is so much to see in Dubai I don't think it is worth it. The Dubai Burj Al Arab would be a much better and closer choice, but would probably cost the same. The views from the skyview room, Al Muntaha, is amazing.

Then there is the recently opened Burj Khalifa (worlds tallest) tower. Or you could go skiing at the indoor Mall of the Emirates. And then there is always the Gold Souk district or the Palm Islands.

Dubai taxis are cheap, very clean and well run. There is also a hop-on hop-off tourist bus that will take you to the major site and would take up at least 2 full days.

J

Thanks JMariner for your input. We are planning to go the the Dubai Mall, dine at Burj Al Arab, take an abra sightseeing cruise, dine on the Bateaux, visit the Burj Khalifa; if we have the time in our 3.5 days in Dubai, we might chance the taxi to Abu Dhabi to see the Palace. Thanks again for your insights.

I can only comment on the Burj. You must pre-reserve. This is easily accomplished through the web site. You will receive a formal confirmation, complete w details and a reservation number. As you approach the facility there is a well manned security check point at which you will need to produce this confirmation in order to be admitted to the grounds.

There is a lovely high tea if that would be of any interest to you and an interesting 'aquarium' theme restaurant.

I can only comment on the Burj. You must pre-reserve. This is easily accomplished through the web site. You will receive a formal confirmation, complete w details and a reservation number. As you approach the facility there is a well manned security check point at which you will need to produce this confirmation in order to be admitted to the grounds.

There is a lovely high tea if that would be of any interest to you and an interesting 'aquarium' theme restaurant.

Thanks PaulaJK

Archived