Spirit pools

txtara

OK, so people keep talking about an adult pool on board. I see there is the Tivoli pool and the Buccaneer pool. The Tivoli pool is the main pool onboard and can't imagine it being the adult pool. Where is it located?

The Tivoli is in fact the main pool, it also includes 4 hot tubs. There is no adult pool. Everyone is welcome at Tivoli. Buccaneers is the kids pool and also has a hot tub. Mostly kids and parents in Buccaneers but adults use the hot tub back there also. Despite any signs, they never kick out any of the kids at Tivoli.

That makes no sense.:confused: oh well, my kids will be at the Tivoli pool whenever we want as they do say it is the Main pool.

There is a sign at the Tivoli pool that states adults only. The Buccaneer pool has a sign that states under 12 only.

Makes perfect sense to me!

The Tivoli is in fact the main pool, it also includes 4 hot tubs. There is no adult pool. Everyone is welcome at Tivoli. Buccaneers is the kids pool and also has a hot tub. Mostly kids and parents in Buccaneers but adults use the hot tub back there also. Despite any signs, they never kick out any of the kids at Tivoli.

There is a sign at the Tivoli pool that states adults only. The Buccaneer pool has a sign that states under 12 only. :confused: The tweeners are all at the adult pool.

I'm confused. We will be on this ship in a few months and bringing our 3 1/2 yr old. Although we plan on letting her spend a lot of time at the Buccaneer pool, because she LOVES the water, we will want to swim as well. So therefore she will have to come to the Tivoli pool with us when we swim. What do they expect parents to do with their younger children when they want to swim? There's no way this can be an "adult only" pool. :confused:

we were on the Spirit last year. my kids were 15 and 7 at the time.

we spent most of out time at the Buccaneer Pool and hot tub, it was really close to our room.

we had no desire to go to swim at the Tivoli pool. From looking at the side for the depths it is a very deep pool.

i didn't want my kids near it.

another couple who was vertically challenged like myself said they went in, but even just standing on the last step it was over their heads.

i waded in the buccaneer pool with my daughter, no one complained.

there were adults and kids at both pools all the time.

no one pays attention to what signs say anyways.

The 2 cruises we were on, there was a attendant at the Buccaneer pool who enforced the rule of no one over 12 in the pool. Parents where allowed in the pool to keep a eye on their non swimming kids.

The Tivoli Pool was 6-9' feet deep depending on how much water was added. There is a 4' wide lip around the pool which is only a few inches deep.

we were on the Spirit last year. my kids were 15 and 7 at the time.

we spent most of out time at the Buccaneer Pool and hot tub, it was really close to our room.

we had no desire to go to swim at the Tivoli pool. From looking at the side for the depths it is a very deep pool.

i didn't want my kids near it.

another couple who was vertically challenged like myself said they went in, but even just standing on the last step it was over their heads.

i waded in the buccaneer pool with my daughter, no one complained.

there were adults and kids at both pools all the time.

no one pays attention to what signs say anyways.

The 2 cruises we were on, there was a attendant at the Buccaneer pool who enforced the rule of no one over 12 in the pool. Parents where allowed in the pool to keep a eye on their non swimming kids.

The Tivoli Pool was 6-9' feet deep depending on how much water was added. There is a 4' wide lip around the pool which is only a few inches deep.

Thanks for this information. I had ask several times about adults being in the pool with their younger non-swimmers (buccaneer) and either didn't get a reply or the only reply I did get was that you couldn't be in the pool if over a certain age. I'm not about to let me 3 1/2 yr old in there alone and I'm sure she's going to love the slide...therefore, I'll be in there as well to help her out. :)

I can't believe the Tivoli Pool is that deep! :eek: I don't remember a cruise ship having a pool deep like that before.

I saw a few parents in the kids pool , but the staff wouldn't let parents take their kids down the slides. Little kids did have floaties on, and the water is shallow. I did take my kids in the main pool. I had told them I would and didn't see the sign until we had started into the water. They didn't kick us out, but I agree it was not kid friendly because it is so deep. I had to keep my 7 yr old within arms reach...hard to do when you are treading water the whole time. The kids pool was more practical for us.

I'm glad I read this thread as I didn't realize that the main pool was for adults only. We will be traveling with a 2 and 4.5 year old. I guess we will stick to the kiddy pool or have them in kid's club for a while so we can enjoy the other pool. :D

I saw a few parents in the kids pool , but the staff wouldn't let parents take their kids down the slides. Little kids did have floaties on, and the water is shallow.

What do you consider shallow? Just wondering because when I was asking about it before, someone mentioned that the area they go into the pool from the water slide is about 3' deep. That is what concerned me and I said there was no way I was going to let my little one in there and them tell me I can't be there in the water to catch her. :eek:

I'm glad I read this thread as I didn't realize that the main pool was for adults only. We will be traveling with a 2 and 4.5 year old. I guess we will stick to the kiddy pool or have them in kid's club for a while so we can enjoy the other pool. :D

When you look at NCL's website it states:

The main pool aboard Norwegian Spirit boasts four hot tubs and numerous deck chairs and sun beds. (When I'm reading "main pool" I think of a pool for everyone. It doesn't state adults only-like the Epic had an adults only pool)

Kids will love Buccaneer's Wet & Wild pool complete with slides, paddling pool and a hot tub just for kids.

So if their rules are no kids over 12 years old in the kiddie section and the other "main" pool is the adults only pool...where exactly are the teens suppose to swim? This is very misleading and kind of shocking if they are trying to keep the main pool for adults only. :eek:

When you look at NCL's website it states:

The main pool aboard Norwegian Spirit boasts four hot tubs and numerous deck chairs and sun beds. (When I'm reading "main pool" I think of a pool for everyone. It doesn't state adults only-like the Epic had an adults only pool)

Kids will love Buccaneer's Wet & Wild pool complete with slides, paddling pool and a hot tub just for kids.

So if their rules are no kids over 12 years old in the kiddie section and the other "main" pool is the adults only pool...where exactly are the teens suppose to swim? This is very misleading and kind of shocking if they are trying to keep the main pool for adults only. :eek:

That “no kids over 12 in the kiddie pool” is just to keep the big kids out so they aren't intimidating the little ones. I have seen parents in there with their little ones all the time so no worries. They aren't trying to keep adults of little kids out. Those slides and stuff in the Buccaneer's area aren't really designed for 12 and over teens.

Plenty of people of all ages around the main pool so no worries there.

Enjoy!

Archived