Does CCL refund excursions

Gecko7

I'm sailing next week and want to cancel an excursion booked through CCL at Belize. Will CCl allow this and refund the money? I want to book another excursion not offered by the ship. Thanks for the help.:)

Yes, if its too late to cancel online then you may have to call. You have to cancel before its within 24 hours of the excursion.

Can I do it onboard? Belize is day three.

You have until 3 days prior to your cruise to cancel your excursion. If you are within 3 days of sailing, you have to wait and cancel onboard with a 25% cancellation charge.

Here is Carnival's cancellation policy for shore excursions booked online prior to your cruise (from Carnival's website):

Shore Excursion Cancellation and Refund Policy

Shore excursions may be cancelled by Carnival or the Tour Operator due to inclement weather conditions, or any other reason whatsoever. In which case, and as your sole recourse, full refunds will be made to guests who have purchased cancelled excursions.

Excursions may be canceled or modified depending on the number of guests participating. Some excursions require a minimum number of guests to operate. If this minimum is not met, excursions may be cancelled by the Tour Operator and full refunds will be issued.

Sometimes the weather does not realize that our guests are on vacation and subsequently forgets to cooperate. It should be noted that excursions operate rain or shine. At times, tour operators will cancel particular excursions due to weather-related safety considerations. In this instance, refunds will be made for guests holding tickets on a cancelled excursion, and all efforts will be made to accommodate guests on an alternate excursion.

For online cancellations that occur outside the cut-off window, 3 days prior to sailing, a full refund will automatically be posted to the credit card that was used to pay for the shore excursion order, regardless of whether or not the person who purchased the shore excursion is sailing. Please allow 7-10 business days for the credit to post to the your account. No changes can be made within the cut-off window. If you need to make changes after the cut-off date, you must wait until sailing and see the Shore Excursion Manager onboard. Once onboard, any refunds will be made to the Sail and Sign account of the Shore Excursion order contact person’s Sail & Sign account, not the original credit card used to secure the online order. This applies even in the event that shore excursions were purchased as a gift by someone who is not sailing.

In the event of a cruise booking cancellation, within the cut-off window, a full refund will automatically be posted to the original credit card used to pay for the shore excursions order. If the designated contact person on a shore excursion order must cancel from their cruise booking and the remaining guests who are sailing would like to retain the shore excursion order, a new contact person needs to be assigned. If a designated contact person cancels and does not reassign the responsibility, the associated shore excursion orders will automatically cancel and be refunded.

Once onboard, cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation charge. However, within 24 hours of arrival in port, all shore excursion orders are non-refundable. A refund, less any applicable cancellation charges, will be applied to the designated contact person’s sail and sign account. Carnival will only offer shipboard credit for shore excursion order refunds, but note any credit not utilized by the end of your cruise will be refunded via check to the order’s designated contact person on the morning of debarkation.

We booked an excursion onboard and when the weather was forecast to be really bad, we tried to cancel and were told no way unless we had a medical waiver. So, if that is still true, I don't think you will get your money back.

Good luck!

I just cancelled a precooked excursion onboard a couple of weeks ago and they refunded to my on board account with no penalty. They told me the penalty would apply if I cancelled within the 24 hour timeframe.

I really thought they told me the same thing. Maybe the 24 hour window only applies to if you booked it onboard?

Last time we cruised, we had booked a "discover scuba" dive. I'm certified but my husband isn't, and when we looked at the medical waiver we got onboard he would have had to fib on a couple of questions in order to go. Guest services booked us on a different excursion with no penalty. So I guess the 25% penalty isn't always applied--though I guess that's a pretty specialized reason.

Archived