Setsail Pass -- Currency conversion

i just printed out our Setsail Pass.

on the first page after the signatures, it says:

FOR NON-US CREDIT CARDS ONLY CURRENCY CONVERSION AUTHORIZATION

If you use a MasterCard or Visa Card issued outside of the U.S. which is billed in the following currencies: AUD, CAD, CHF, DKK, EUR, HKD, JPY, MXP, NOK, SEK, GBP, Royal Caribbean International offers a service where the full amount of your charges are converted, at your election, to the currency of your card by our conversion agent, Global Card Services, Inc., using the exchange rate in effect at the time the amounts are charged to your card.

A I choose to pay my onboard charges in the currency of my card. I choose to use Royal Caribbean International's currency conversion program. This currency conversion transaction is based on wholesale exchange rates collected from Bloomberg plus a 3 percent international currency conversion fee. My choice to have charges billed in the currency of my card is final. I accept that the exchange rate used will be the rate in effect at the time the amounts are charged to my card.

B I choose to have my credit card issuer convert my onboard charges to the currency of my card in lieu of participating in the Royal Caribbean International currency conversion program.

If I opt for my charges to be converted by my credit card issuer, or if my card is not billed in one of the billing currencies listed, my charges will be processed in the onboard currency (USD) and the issuer of my card may charge a service fee for currency conversion.

we use a Visa Card, and we live in Canada, which is billed in CAD.

my english is not very well. i really don't know which one i should choose, which one is better for us.

any advice is appreciated.

IMHO Option B, because your card issuer will have a more favourable exchange rate than the one used by RCI to convert the on board charges to CAD.

I always make sure that RCI use option B for my so that the on board charges are billed in USD and my card issuer converts them to GBP.

IMHO Option B, because your card issuer will have a more favourable exchange rate than the one used by RCI to convert the on board charges to CAD.

I always make sure that RCI use option B for my so that the on board charges are billed in USD and my card issuer converts them to GBP.

We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!

RCI conversion is NOT beneficial, let the credit card company do it.

We're in Canada and use our Mastercard and always choose "B".. definitely get a better rate from MC than from the cruiselines. Right now while our dollar is higher than the U.S. dollar, you WANT them to bill your credit card in U.S. funds :)

I always highlight "B" since there have been times when RCL has "missed" it!

I always highlight "B" since there have been times when RCL has "missed" it!

Very good advice as this has happened to me, another tip, check with guest relations early on the cruise to check that they have the correct option you selected, and if they haven't, then ask them to change it.

Although, you choose option B on the SetSail, make sure you also remind the check-in agent that is what you want. The actual default is the opposite, or A. Agents sometimes miss changing it in the computer.

Hassle at the end of the cruise to change back. The previous answer to also check at Guest Relations is a good double check.

RCCL has been known, in the past to make the conversion at their less beneficial rate.

Choose Option B and then check to make sure that they honor your request.

Archived