Anyone been on one of the shore excursions to an all inclusive on Falmouth

IrishCC

We are going on Liberty of theSeas in November and we'll be stopping in Falmouth. I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not you get use of the pools when you sign up for an excursion to an all inclusive . . . or is it just the beach?

Thanks in advance!

We just returned from the western caribbean on the Allure and did the RCCL all inclusive resort day to Iberostar Rose Hall Resort. They have 3 resorts next door to each other and the other two are Iberostar Suites and Iberostar Grand. The cost included transportation, food, and all beverages. There was a huge fabulous swimming pool and hot tub, swim up bar, great snacks (including fresh fruit) at a shack on the beach (nice beach with soft white sand) and a yummy buffet lunch at their sit down restaurant. They gave us arm bands to wear for the day and we were allowed to do everything the resort guests did - beach volleyball, dance contests, they had a kids program - the kids looked like they were having a blast, or sitting in the air conditioned lobby when it became hot outside (a bar in there also). I would go there again (maybe even for a resort holiday).

We just returned from the western caribbean on the Allure and did the RCCL all inclusive resort day to Iberostar Rose Hall Resort. They have 3 resorts next door to each other and the other two are Iberostar Suites and Iberostar Grand. The cost included transportation, food, and all beverages. There was a huge fabulous swimming pool and hot tub, swim up bar, great snacks (including fresh fruit) at a shack on the beach (nice beach with soft white sand) and a yummy buffet lunch at their sit down restaurant. They gave us arm bands to wear for the day and we were allowed to do everything the resort guests did - beach volleyball, dance contests, they had a kids program - the kids looked like they were having a blast, or sitting in the air conditioned lobby when it became hot outside (a bar in there also). I would go there again (maybe even for a resort holiday).

thank you so much!! We figure it is a good way to spend our time and also to decide if we'd ever want to go the all inclusive route.

Colleen

Do you know if this can be booked independently? Also, how far from the pier in Falmouth is it? Thanks.

You can book independently directly with Hilton Rose Hall. The Hilton Rose Hall Resort is about 25 minutes from Falmouth. If you book directly yourself you would have to get a taxi from the port. I have read that if you walk outside gate the taxi rates are cheaper.

You can also book through jamaica for a day, their website is http://www.jamaicaforaday.com/Falmouth_Jamaica_Shore_Excu.html which can include transportation to Rose Hall.

In my opinion the benefit to booking on your own is that you can easily get a taxi on your own and that you will not have to meet anyone. I had read on another thread that sometimes it takes a long time to find the taxi meeting you that is arranged through jamaica for a day and that you have to wait for everybody on that particular excursion.

It was about a 25 minute drive - RCCL took 2 vans (holding about 20 people each). We were to meet at a specific spot on the pier and then when we were at the resort the RCCL person told us to be in the lobby at 4 30 ship time to depart. They have towels at the resort for you to borrow (you are given a towel card) - so don't worry about taking a towel from the ship. I didn't book with another company because I wanted the safety of knowing RCCL was taking care of the transportation - I had read posts about Falmouth and the taxi sometimes being a problem - however I have to say - I was made to feel very welcomed by everyone I encountered in Jamaica. When the boat was first docking early in the morning, fishermen in boats were on the ocean waving to us and yelling welcome to us.... was very nice. And I have to say, I was hasseled more in Cozumel by the vendors than I was at Falmouth.

Is there a swim-up bar at the Iberostar? I just love those for some reason. Did this at the Sunset Beach Resort at Montego Bay a few years ago. There is just something SO nice about not having to get out of the water to go get another drink!

Is there a swim-up bar at the Iberostar? I just love those for some reason. Did this at the Sunset Beach Resort at Montego Bay a few years ago. There is just something SO nice about not having to get out of the water to go get another drink!

I was at the Iberostar for a week in May. Yes, there is a swim up bar and 2 huge pools. Beach water was green with lots of leaves & sticks & seaweed floating around in it....other than that the place was wonderful.

Also they had bar service at the pool & beach, so you really did not have to get your own drinks.

Archived