Electirc plugs on board Mariner of the Seas

Hi All,

We are sailing on the Mariner and because we live in Australia we will need to buy an adaptor for charging our phone etc.

Can anyone please let me know what the adaptor needs to look like.

Are there two round holes in the powerpoint or three square ones etc etc.

My Brother in Law bought a Universal one last time he cruised on Royal Carribean but it didn't fit the powerpoint.

We are really getting excited now only 65 days to go!!

As ever thanks for your help everyone:)

Hi All,

We are sailing on the Mariner and because we live in Australia we will need to buy an adaptor for charging our phone etc.

Can anyone please let me know what the adaptor needs to look like.

Are there two round holes in the powerpoint or three square ones etc etc.

My Brother in Law bought a Universal one last time he cruised on Royal Carribean but it didn't fit the powerpoint.

We are really getting excited now only 65 days to go!!

As ever thanks for your help everyone:)

All the ships have 2 US type outlets, in addition to a circular plug maybe 2cm in diameter. I don't know anything about the circular one, except that is it not used in the US and the ship's crew uses it to power things like vacuum cleaners. So if you have an adapter kit that includes US, you should be OK.

Check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_AC_power_plugs_and_sockets

The one that is not standard in US looks a lot like the CEE7 type common in Europe. Two round pins in a recessed round plug recepticle. The outlet in the bathroom seems to be styled for several different plug types but does accomodate the US style twin flat blades plus ground pin.

Check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_AC_power_plugs_and_sockets

The one that is not standard in US looks a lot like the CEE7 type common in Europe. Two round pins in a recessed round plug recepticle. The outlet in the bathroom seems to be styled for several different plug types but does accomodate the US style twin flat blades plus ground pin.

Yes, I agree, the circular plug on the ship looks like the Type F, CEE7/4 described in the Wiki link. Thanks for the great link!

In response to the OP, what I call the US type looks like the Type B, NEMA 5-15 grounded as shown in the link.

Bob

All RCI ships have two types of sockets, US style 110V plat pins and European style 220V round pins.

I suggest looking for an adapter like this:

158_p561662a.jpg158_p561662b.jpg

You can use it in most countries of the world and you can put plugs from most countries in the world into it.

I know they sell this in Australia, as I´ve seen it there last year. I´ve also seen this one in many airports throughout the world.

Archived