My daughter will soon be six, will they move her up in the kids club?

lavigne101

It will depend on how many children are in the program and how flexible the staff is. On the cruises my family has been on the counselors were very strict and would not budge on the age groups. Other people have posted that they were able to move their child up or down. You will not know until you're on board.

On a positive note, there will probably be other kids your daughter's age so they'll end up playing together. The camp counselors are wonderful and, no matter what group your child ends up in, there will be friends to play with and age appropriate activities.:)

My son was on the Glory for his 6th birthday. Because he was 5 on the day we embarked, he was placed in the 2 - 5 year old group. I've heard that they are generally fairly strict with the minimum age in a group, but that they will let a child "move down" a category to be with a sibling.

I don't know if I could have had him switch to the 6 - 8 group after his birthday, as I did not ask. He was with his 2 year old sister, and was content. It's the old don't-try-to-make-a-happy-child-happier maxim!

HTH. Happy cruising!

My kids were in the 6-8 group on the Ecstasy but wanted to be in the 9-11 group. They are 8 and thought the other group had cooler activities. I did talk to someone who moved their child up so they could be with a cousin. I guess it depends.

If you want her in the older group you could request it and see what the staff said (because they have moved people up) Or you could just fill out the forms saying that she is 8 instead of 6. She will probally have more fun in the age group she is in though because there will be people younger than her, her age, and older than her. The group above her will be doing things that probally won't be fun to her. I would go with the group she is in because they aren't going to keep the 2 year olds and 6 year olds together doing the same activities anyway. She will probally enjoy the group designed for her age group from my experience. (and if she's in the older group there will be older kids up to the age of 11 year old that WON'T hang out with her, she probally won't have as much fun then she would with kids her own age where she will have more friends) It's a hard decision.... Have fun on your cruise though!

About 2 years ago, my immediate family cruised with my two sisters and their families. My son, and his cousin are the best of friends and both planned on spending every possible minute together during the cruise. We live about 6-7 hours apart and were really looking forward to being together. They are only 10 months apart in age (I think they were 8 & 9, but can't remember for sure). However, they ended up in different age groups I went to speak with the counselors, certain that they would move one up or one down.....but the answer was NO!

As a result, they wouldn't use the Camp Carnival program. They still had fun, but I was unhappy.

Kim

Archived