Victoria for just 6 hours

There are many things to do in Victoria in the evening. If gardens interest you that Victoria is home to the world famous Butchart Gardens, however with just an evening stop this is best booked thru your ship. Other things that you can do include horse drawn carriage rides, a habour ferry excursion, a walk on Government Street with all its unique shops, a visit to the famous Empress Hotel, watch the buskers on the causeway of the inner harbour and perhaps a pub crawl in the downtown area.

www.butchartgardens.com/

www.victoriacarriage.com/

http://www.tallyhotours.com/

http://www.causewayartists.ca/

http://www.victoriaharbourferry.com/

I will basically echo everything PutterDude suggested. Victoria is beautiful, flowers on the inner harbour, Parliament buildings etc. If you feel, head out to the gardens is also a wonderful trip. Personally, I just love wandering in and out of the shops, maybe grabbing a drink or a bite to eat along the way at one of the many bars/pubs/restaurants.

We are trying to decide the same thing with only 6 hours in port, from 6:00 to 11:59. My concern is the that things (shops, places to browse) will be closed. Is everything open late or will it be frustrating being able to only pass places with closed signs in the door?

Also, for someone who has never been to Butchart, is this best or would we miss out on a great city?

We are trying to decide the same thing with only 6 hours in port, from 6:00 to 11:59. My concern is the that things (shops, places to browse) will be closed. Is everything open late or will it be frustrating being able to only pass places with closed signs in the door?

Also, for someone who has never been to Butchart, is this best or would we miss out on a great city?

Not all of the shops will be open but a number will be. As for Butchart Gardens, they are world class and if you have any interest in gardens at all then they should not be missed.

Hi guys, am planning a northbound cruise from L A, next May on the Sapphire Princess, and many years ago was in Victoria and have always wanted to go back, the ship will be there from 8 a.m. to midnight. Was planning to take the Victoria city highlites and hi tea tour, then mosey around town, want to take pictures of the Parlimate building at night, shop at Rogers Chocolate, etc. Was at Butchart Gardens, but will be hanging around Victoria this time. Sorry if I spelled anything wrong.

Virginia

Well welcome back, I am sure that you will have a good time....be careful with those Rogers chocolates though, they are just too good and you tend to wear them around your waist for a long time:).

Hi guys, am planning a northbound cruise from L A, next May on the Sapphire Princess, and many years ago was in Victoria and have always wanted to go back, the ship will be there from 8 a.m. to midnight. Was planning to take the Victoria city highlites and hi tea tour, then mosey around town, want to take pictures of the Parlimate building at night, shop at Rogers Chocolate, etc. Was at Butchart Gardens, but will be hanging around Victoria this time. Sorry if I spelled anything wrong.

Virginia

You can get some pretty neat shots of the Parliament Buildings at night if you have a tripod it'll help also. Here is a shot I took last year, I was happy with how it turned out. Also you can get some really neat B&W photos with the horse carriages.

5246239173_ab8c84e7ce.jpg

You can get some pretty neat shots of the Parliament Buildings at night if you have a tripod it'll help also. Here is a shot I took last year, I was happy with how it turned out. Also you can get some really neat B&W photos with the horse carriages.

5246239173_ab8c84e7ce.jpg

Hi guys, thats a great picture but I just have a little digital camera with night photo, hope I can get good pictures.

I've heard that the Sapphire Princess will be in Victoria from 8 a.m. til 12:59 p.m. Looking forward to going.

gottagoacruzn...you got lucky with all that time in port! We only have 7am-4pm and that's not the best time of the day to go pub crawling and be back on the ship by 3:30pm...lol. Enjoy!

Anytime is a good time for pub crawling in Victoria. Hands down Canada's best beer city.

That's a great photo.:)

The OP will be there on a Saturday evening, when Butchart Gardens has fireworks weekly during the summer (click). The Gardens are beautifully lit at night, making an evening vist a real treat for garden lovers. I agree with Putterdude, however, that a visit there would be best booked through the ship to ensure your timely return.

Archived