Best Fort Lauderdale Restaurants

Some of my favorite moderately priced restaurants...

Beach area: Coconuts, H2O, Casablanca Cafe, Village Grill(Lauderdale by the Sea)

Port area: Coco Asian Cafe, Duffy's Sports Bar & Grill

Hibachi: Japanese Village

Thai: Thai Spice, TeeJay Thai/Sushi

Mexican: Tipico, Rocco's Taco's, Casa Maya (Deerfield Beach)

Pizza: Primanti's, Anthony's, Umberto's(Commercial Blvd), Sicilian Oven(Pompano Beach)

Crepes: Le Bonne Crepe

Cuban: Las Vegas, Padrino's

Fast Food: Pollo Tropical, Moe's Southwest

Chain Food: California Pizza Kitchen, Season's 52, Cheesecake Factory

Along with Royal's excellent list, Bistro Mezzoluna, Big City Tavern, Bimini Boatyard, Cafe Martorano, China Grill.

I forgot to mention the lambchops at Greek Islands Taverna near Oakland Park Blvd on A1A. They are a bit greasy but they are the tastiest chops I've had in my life and they are only about $25! They are famous locally! Indoor and outdoor seating is available and there are many low to moderately priced items on the menu. Sometimes I just go there for spinach pie, dips, and dolmades. No reservations, just wait in line to be seated.

Yo RoyalCruz......may be out of context here but,....are there and liquor/beer stores, restaurants, within walking distance near Sleep Inn in Dania? Thanks

There is a small shopping center next door to Sleep Inn. Publix sells beer and wine and there are very casual Italian and Mexican restaurants. The Mexican restaurant is a local favorite, Pancho's Backyard.

You do mean just north of FLL airport. A typo, I know, but just that people do not mistake where this good homestyle Italian restaurant is: it is just north of Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood airport on State Rd 84 (SR 84 aka SE 24th St), just east of SE 4th Ave. (Next to the Wallgreens).

Oh yes, sorry it was a typo; it is NORTH of the airport. Thanks for catching this! I pass SR 84 daily!

• 2 months later...

Archived