check in coolers?!

iupalum

might sound like a dumb ?...but, is it possible to check in your cooler of sodas with your luggage? we have a small, nylon cooler that i was gonna bring sodas in for the week. i like to drink them during the day, but i didn't want to have to carry them around when i first board. i'd rather they just be waiting in my room...cuz i plan on having a dod or kiss on the lips when i first get on! also, is it ok to bring your own travel mug for sodas? i'd like to be able to pour my drink in and walk around, rather than toting the bottle w/me. (maybe i should not bring the rc one, though. ;)

coolers must be no larger than 12 x 12 x 12.. so not many drinks fit into them.

If its 1/2 inch bigger you will be asked to give it them them or you can take it back to your car.

If its foldable, you can stick the cooler into one of your checked luggages.

PS I didnt answer .. but I dont know if I would check a little bity cooler that small myself, but Im sure you could... but you cannot put soda or wine in a cooler and check it.

all drinks, soda, water, etc must be carried on only.. cannot be checked.

each person may bring 12 nonalchoholic drinks in their carry on only.

the one bottle of wine per adult, 750 ml, must also be carried on... and wouldnt fit in such a small cooler, I dont think to carry it on even.

might sound like a dumb ?...but, is it possible to check in your cooler of sodas with your luggage? we have a small, nylon cooler that i was gonna bring sodas in for the week. i like to drink them during the day, but i didn't want to have to carry them around when i first board. i'd rather they just be waiting in my room...cuz i plan on having a dod or kiss on the lips when i first get on! also, is it ok to bring your own travel mug for sodas? i'd like to be able to pour my drink in and walk around, rather than toting the bottle w/me. (maybe i should not bring the rc one, though. ;)

Yes you can bring your own travel mug and I'll reiterate you have to carry the beverages on yourself. As for the cooler, if you're not sure about the size, you may want to pack it.

@firefly: thank you for clarifying the carry on beverage policy for me.

@mojean: i'm pretty sure our cooler fits the qualifications...but you mentioned, if unsure, pack our sodas. not to sound dumb, but did you mean like in our checked luggage. and if so, how would you pack them to ensure that none of your other stuff is damaged?

You're supposed to have your soda's in your carry-on. Is it that hard to carry a 12 pack of soda for two hours?

OTOH if you've got a cane or a walker, that could be difficult.

Ya know.... Not EVERY cooler on the market is exactly 12x12x12.

I've looked and find lots smaller and lots larger, but not many EXACTLY 12x12x12.

I have a 11x11x13 collapsable cooler. Will I be asked to get rid of it, or unload it?

Do they have a tape measure at every check in station and slap you down if your cooler is 1 inch out of spec?

Seems "nit-picking" to me"

@firefly: thank you for clarifying the carry on beverage policy for me.

@mojean: i'm pretty sure our cooler fits the qualifications...but you mentioned, if unsure, pack our sodas. not to sound dumb, but did you mean like in our checked luggage. and if so, how would you pack them to ensure that none of your other stuff is damaged?

We are assuming you have a collasible cooler than can fold up into your luggage.

Archived