EPIC- purchase soft drinks package or not?

The count down is on for our first ever cruise in 2 weeks:)and I must record that the info on CC for a first timer has been very useful.;) Can anyone though please advise if the soft drinks package ($6.25 approx per day)for our teenage son is good value or is he best to purchase to his taste variety when thirst arises?:confused:

We've never been on the Epic, but we always buy the soda package.

On our last cruise, we had our three grandkids, and bought one for each.

It's a good deal (considering NCL's soda prices), and the kids loved it.

Three teens, and they could have soda whenever they wanted...that, and it gave them a great excuse to run off by themselves for a few minutes at a time.

NCL also has a "smoothie" book that you can buy. I'm sorry, I don't remember the cost...something like $12. There are coupons for x number of smoothies. The kids can go to several different locations aboard ship for a smoothie. You are on vacation, so are they!

. It is also generally not a good idea for adults.

why is that?

i purchase one pretty much everytime i cruise so i can get anytime i want plus bring my own drinks for when i am not out and about on the ship but inside my cabin...i drink alot of soda specially on a 2 week cruise.

i also bring the little drink packets so we can have a drink or two when we are in the ports or hubby can have his lemonade anytime he wants.

This may seem a stupid question but seeing as my favourite tipple is vodka with diet coke/pepsi - would I be able to use the soft drinks package to cover any soft drinks to go in my alcohol?

I'd say only if you have your vodka stashed in your cabin and bring the Pepsi (no Coke) there. Maybe someone with experience in this can give a better answer but I don't think that would work at the bar with ship spirits.

Our friend got the soda package on our last cruise and he made good use of it.

• 1 month later...

I was just on the Epic. If you buy a spirit from the bar the soda/mixer is free, so no need to buy the soda package unless you want to drink soda on its own from time to time. Vodka and diet coke was $7 with tip and spanish vat. Not too bad, was strong as well. Got to try the Mudslides, love them.

It all depends on who you are buying it for. My DS(17) does not drink pop at all (I'm constantly being told its bad for me:rolleyes:). DD(14), DH and I drink maybe 1 pop a day if that. So no we don't purchase the card. We normally drink water with our dinner. DS and I like the ice tea and we all like the water, milk, coffee/hot chocolate and juice. We do occassionaly splurge and get alcoholic drinks for DH and myself and virgin frozen drinks for the kids, but overall a soda card would be a waste for us.

The count down is on for our first ever cruise in 2 weeks:)and I must record that the info on CC for a first timer has been very useful.;) Can anyone though please advise if the soft drinks package ($6.25 approx per day)for our teenage son is good value or is he best to purchase to his taste variety when thirst arises?:confused:

I only drink 1 or 2 a day so I stopped at a store on the way to the pier and got 2 6-packs and put them in my bag, no problem. We also bought a couple 2 liter bottles in one of the ports for my husband and carried them back to the ship...

...and remember, NCL only serves Pepsi products so if you're like me and can't stand pepsi, it won't do you any good (stop on the way to the pier and buy a fridge pack of coke zero.......keep one in your bag at all times and just ask for a cup of ice and if they object tell them they are the onewho refuse to make coke products available.

Archived