Window or Balcony Room on Oasis

My family (2 adult and 1 year old) is booked on the Sept 3rd sailing on the Oasis. We currently have an outside window room booked on Deck 3. I am thinking about upgrading to a Balcony higher up but all the way in the front of the ship. I am worried about my wife and child getting see sick due to the extra motion in the front of the ship.

What do you think?

I didn't notice different amounts of movement when we were on Oasis. We spent a great deal of our time in the adult solarium in the front of the ship and I never had any trouble. Enjoy your cruise!! Oasis is WONDERFUL!! :)

Hi, I too am on the Sept 3rd oasis, come join the roll call.

I opted for a OV balcony just because people say this ship is focused inward .. but I dont know if it will be needed. Im not one to sit out on a balcony by myself usually. Hopefully, I will get some use of it this time.

PS Sept is high hurricane season, so lower decks midship will have the least motion. .but who knows if we will be lucky or not and have smooth sailing.

I can't say I really feel the ship movement anymore period with these newer ships. I am also usually very comfortable in an oceanview cabin on a short cruise, but if it's a long cruise I prefer a balcony. I studied this ship and the comments and personally I wouldn't be happy in their Boardwalk or Central Park balconies. They are really innovative idea, but too me...if I can't see the ocean I am not an a cruise. :)

PS

If you do want to do the inside balconies I read that Central Park is quieter.

Allure'ing to my next cruise in May 2012! :)

Babies really don't get seasick and on such a large ship, I don't believe your wife will either. My vote is for a balcony because it will give you somewhere to sit and talk during naptime and after baby is in bed for the night so you don't have to just sit quietly in a dark cabin.

Archived