Rita's A la Carte menu

I just wanted to highlight the menu and restaurant review offered by Cruisingator2 in the thread "Allure 6/26 sailing" as there were so many folks requesting the information.

"Rita's has gone from a $7.95 all you can eat to a $3.00 service charge and a la carte menu. By the way, the new a la carte pricing did not seem to affect their businss in a negative way. Sea days were very busy and we dined there on Friday evening and it was over half full for the second formal night."

Rita's A la Carte menu

Ritas2.jpg

Ritas3.jpg

AAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH Another PAY FOR Windjammer place..RCI even placed it in the Windjammer!!! If we keep paying for what SHOULD be inclusive in a cruise fare RCI will keep pushing us to an all ALA CARTE cruise experience. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!:mad:

So I pay to have the privledge of entering the restaurant to pay for my food? Something just rubs me wrong here but it's nice to have the option.

Maybe I will save my mexican taste buds for my favorite place at home where I can get a meat and cheese burritto with cheese melted on top for $3.75 with unlimited chips and salsa. Now that I have my taste buds going I think I may have to go there for lunch today :D

AAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH Another PAY FOR Windjammer place..RCI even placed it in the Windjammer!!! If we keep paying for what SHOULD be inclusive in a cruise fare RCI will keep pushing us to an all ALA CARTE cruise experience. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!:mad:
My understanding is that Rita's Cantina on Allure is not located in the Windjammer Marketplace which is on deck 16, but located in the Boardwalk neighbourhood on deck 6.

So I pay to have the privledge of entering the restaurant to pay for my food? Something just rubs me wrong here but it's nice to have the option.

but sometimes you pay a cover charge to enter a bar to drink...so I don't think this is any different than that

My understanding is that Rita's Cantina on Allure is not located in the Windjammer Marketplace which is on deck 16, but located in the Boardwalk neighbourhood on deck 6.

They may have been referring to the recent addition of Rita's to the Radiance.

Thank you for posting the menu. The prices are not that bad. But I do understand why people would get upset that here they go again trying to squeeze a little more money out of the cruisers. We pay a lot of $$$ to cruise on these ships which for the most part are inclusive. I suspect that the flat fee was just a trial for Royal to see how popular these little extra dining venues would be because the ship is still so new. Depending on what someone orders they might actually spend less than the prior flat fee of $7.95. Is it worth it? I don't know yet. But I will judge for myself when I cruise in September.

Thanks again! :)

Kelly

Anyone know where Rita's is located on Freedom of the Seas? God, I would hate for my son-in-law to accidentally end up in there and see a charge...he's apt to flip out, where the rest of us would just pay if it's something we want. On our first cruise, the bar waiter offered him a drink out by the pool for sailaway..then asked for his seapass. He already had the drink headed for his mouth and he put it back on the tray and muttered for at least 30 minutes. Luckily the band drowned out the sound after a few minutes (LOL). Mine was DELICIOUS and worth every over-priced cent :p.

Anyone know where Rita's is located on Freedom of the Seas? God, I would hate for my son-in-law to accidentally end up in there and see a charge...he's apt to flip out, where the rest of us would just pay if it's something we want. On our first cruise, the bar waiter offered him a drink out by the pool for sailaway..then asked for his seapass. He already had the drink headed for his mouth and he put it back on the tray and muttered for at least 30 minutes. Luckily the band drowned out the sound after a few minutes (LOL). Mine was DELICIOUS and worth every over-priced cent :p.

Are you serious? :confused::rolleyes:

No Rita's on Freedom. Only Allure and Radiance.

but sometimes you pay a cover charge to enter a bar to drink...so I don't think this is any different than that

I thought about that but isn't there entertainment for that covercharge in a bar? When I use to go to the bar there was a band or dj or something more personal than music playing from a speaker. I am no cruise expert but from what I have experienced either a place charges a covercharge and you eat whatever you want (maybe there is an extra charge for something really special) or you get in for free and pay for what you eat. If I was craving mexican I would pay and enjoy my food but it's more of a principle of the thing for me.

For those of you craving mexican right now I would like you to know I am eating my meat and cheese burrito with chips and salsa right now. only thing missing is a good beer or sangria or margaretta :D

Cover charge .... Its a cruise ship... used to be all inclusive...now its how can we charge for e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. ! Yes on Allure & Oasis Ritas is by themselves BUT on the Radience class ships RCI is moving Ritas into the Windjammer where seating is allready smaller due to added rooms after the drydock.:mad:

Does anyone know if the $3.00 service charge is taken off the bill / used as a credit on the bill, or if you pay the service charge and a la carte costs seperately?

Etc, you pay the $3.00 service charge, plus for example $8.00 in a la carte purchases, less $3.00 credit, total bill $5.00

or

$3.00 service charge, plus for example $8.00 in a la carte purchases, total bill $11.00. From what I've read, I'm assuming this is the way it is calculated.

As chevygirlgonecruizin / Kelly mentioned, depending on what you order, you may spend less than the previous $7.95 surcharge. Looking at the menu prices, I think I'd spend around $5.00 in a la carte purchases + $3.00 surcharge, $8.00 total bill, so still around the same price.

McDonalds is waiting in the wings for a chance to have an outlet on a mega ship. I bet that they would be busy especially on a ship loaded with kids. Chicken Nuggets anyone.....? :)
if i ever had kids they will never eat that crap

I book the Allure instead of the Oasis partly because of Rita's Cantina!! The food is really good and the atmosphere is awesome!

I have booked Rita's for lunch on our cruise on Sept 4th. I booked at the 7.95 fee for 4 of us before they changed to the ala carte price. I am curious to see if they honor the 7.95 and we get to order anything like we did before or if they just give us 7.95 toward the cover charge and our orders? Either way I love the food so much that I will pay for it! Not a big deal for us:D

Debra

My question for those of you who have dined at Rita's...how is the food?

I've read it was just ok. Is it worth the price???

The fiesta food was okay - nothing great, but we enjoyed the overall experience so the food wasn't a major factor. Oh, and I think the 3 margaritas I had helped overshadow the food. ;)

Ordering off the menu was much better. My husband's dish was actually pretty good - seasoned well with a little heat. Mine (fish tacos or something like that) was good too, but needed a little more oomph.

Worth the price? It was to us because we were curious and wanted to try something new. I you're looking for great Mexican, then maybe not. This is definitely an individual preference thing.

Has anyone contacted Lisa Bauer from RCI and asked about why they changed things at Rita? She is in charge of food and beverages for RCI, and I would suspect she has an answer as to the reasoning behind the surcharge and ala carte menu.

The fiesta food was okay - nothing great, but we enjoyed the overall experience so the food wasn't a major factor. Oh, and I think the 3 margaritas I had helped overshadow the food. ;)

Hi Michele,

What was the deal on the margaritas? I remember reading about it in your fantastic pic review awhile back, but forget what the deal was :confused:

Probably because of my age, but I'm blaming it on the heat outside! :p

Archived