Arcadia: what are the dancing facilities?

Slow Foxtrot

Can any competent dancer elaborate on the dancing facilities aboard Arcadia?

Is there a good size ballroom?

Is there dancing every night?

Do they have ballroom, latin and sequence dancing?

Is there room to dance properly and are the dance-bands any good as regards tempo.

Thank you for any info.

I would be interested as well on all those questions. We are on the Arcadia next February for 3 weeks.

A fellow Dancer told us the Arcadia had rather small dance floors, but would be interested to learn more.

Just one point I have never been on a Cruise where you could actually "dance properly", as there is just not the room and often the floor has lots of begineers from the Dance Classes. No problem with begineers :)

We just stick to basic steps for waltz and quickstep and maybe a little flourish for the Latin.

Await all the info on Arcadia.

I would be interested as well on all those questions. We are on the Arcadia next February for 3 weeks

Just one point I have never been on a Cruise where you could actually "dance properly", as there is just not the room and often the floor has lots of begineers from the Dance Classes.....

We have had some decent dancing on the Oriana and not too bad on the Aurora. A lot depends if the floors are busy or quiet.

The Queen Mary 2 has a spacious floor (by ship's standards) but the tempo of the dance music was all over the place. I doubt they have heard of 'strict-tempo' and the upshot seemed to be that they catered more for American-style swing dancing. Fine if you are American - not much use if you want a proper waltz or slow foxtrot etc. Incidentally, the group 'Natural High' who always seem to be on the Oriana World Cruises are the best I have danced to at sea. Perfect tempos, and very talented indeed.

We like to cut the rug in the night club, no doubt one on Arcadia, with the DJ 'spinning the discs.' LOL. I reckon on a World cruise it would not be hard to find a spot on the floor in the ship's night club. Right or wrong? Not into the ballroom stuff, got two left feet.!

We like to cut the rug in the night club, no doubt one on Arcadia, with the DJ 'spinning the discs.' LOL. I reckon on a World cruise it would not be hard to find a spot on the floor in the ship's night club. Right or wrong? Not into the ballroom stuff, got two left feet.!

Hi Les,

Its simples, just dance with someone who has 2 right feet and the jobs a good one as we say:)

Arcadia is pretty much as good as Aurora and Oriana for dancing. Reasonable size wooden floor (maybe a bit smaller) and, as I recall, dancing every night before dinner and soemtimes after.

Lessons were held in the Retreat, but someone said that has now gone, so not sure where they are held.

Arcadia is pretty much as good as Aurora and Oriana for dancing. Reasonable size wooden floor (maybe a bit smaller) and, as I recall, dancing every night before dinner and sometimes after.

Not keen on dancing before dinner; that's normally reserved for pre-dinner drinks in the Crow's Nest or Anderson's.

Does anyone know if they have dancing every night after dinner or, as Host Sharon says, just occasionally?

Just back off Arcadia. there was ballroom/latin/sequence everynight at some time but not always for very long. The globe is where it is held and it used at 10:30 for game shows etc. We found that there was pre dinner dancing at around 7:30 ish - 8:15 but as were on 1st sitting we missed this. After dinner it was at 9:30 ish until either midnight if it was a ball or 10:20ish if something else was going on in there. It has a 'resonable' sized floor not as big as Oriana but bigger than Oceana, ventura and Azura.

The bands were not great at the strict tempo and although the Arcadia Orchesra played strict tempo music the waltzes were more like dirges. I think if you have some good up beat with it dance instructors on board who run the evenings then they tend to sort the bands out.

There were plenty of ents officers around to dance with singles.

have a great cruise.

Sue

Archived