Spirit disembark time NOLA

salmn

I am all for taking chances, but I think most will say 9:45 is really tight. Lets say you did get off at 8am, then did customs/immigration and at the door at at 8:30 for a cab. That means just before 9am at the airport. Really, really tight. Any delay at all and are you toast.

With that said, we once were in a cab at 8:15 - but we did have VIP first off priveledges. Others will tell stories about delays with Customs that took an hour or two or more. Remember, they only do 1-2 cruise ships a week, so staffing is tight.

Good luck.

Trying to book air for a cruise out of NOLA on the NCL Spirit. Would we be able to disembark in time to make a 9:45 am flight?

I think the earliest I'd chance it is 10:30, and even then I'd be nervous. Are you checking luggage? That would also make 9:45 tight. The airport is also not very close to the cruise terminal.

I'm in a similar situation with booking award tickets thru Delta. The return flights are all early. Since they are award tickets, if worse comes to worse, I'll book a cheap motel room for that night and stay over. I'd rather be out $60 and enjoy another relaxing day, then to constantly worry about missing our flight.

Trying to book air for a cruise out of NOLA on the NCL Spirit. Would we be able to disembark in time to make a 9:45 am flight?

No. Disembarkation normally does not start before 8am, and even if you carry your own luggage off the ship, you will still have to go through Customs & Immigration (potential delay there).

The trip to the airport will take 20 minutes if you're lucky. Then you have to get checked in, check any luggage if you must, and get through security.

Your flight will begin boarding at 9:15, and airlines are increasingly quick to cancel seats if you're not checked in according to their rules & timing.

I'd say it's not worth the risk. Book a flight after 11am and you can easily make that. Book one even later, and avoid any stress!

Well, you have to be at the airport an hour before your flight. That's 8:45. If the Spirit is on time, you'll not likely even ready to leave the ship by then let alone get to the airport. This past year when we were on the Spirit she didn't even arrive until about 10:30. The year before, we arrived about 7 and were off by 8:30. There is no way your going to catch that flight.

Archived