Carnival's Price Protection: Call or Claim Form

justlaff69

I booked a 4B interior on the Conquest using Early Saver.

Now they are offering 4D interior for $35.00 less/per person.

The difference is our cabins are on the Riviera deck and the only thing showing on carnival.com are upper and higher.

Since it's a different class can we still get the price protection?

Also, I've heard of people posting screen shots and sending to Carnival, but I just filled out the claim form, do I need to call and send a screen shot or is the form reliable?

The form also asks for price per person, on one of my cabins I have 3 to a room, how do I calculate per person rate when checking prices on carnival.com

When you do a screen shot, how do you do that? I paste it to spreadsheet or what?

you can only get credit if the price of the 4B went low. You can only get price reductions for the cabin category you are booked in

Incorrect. If the 4d is cheaper than the OP paid for the 4b, then they can get the difference either in a reduced fare, OBC(if after final payment) and the upgrade to the 4d if they would like.

What shof515 said, but should you get a rate drop, the form has worked for me with no need for supporting photos's. And I emailed my PVP and she said use the form and it has worked out so far.

Our Cruise has dropped 3 times so far, for a total of $140, and I have simply filled out the form and sent it in. Usually in about a day I hear back of its approval and my new bill is sent to me with the adjusted amount

Incorrect. If the 4d is cheaper than the OP paid for the 4b, then they can get the difference either in a reduced fare, OBC(if after final payment) and the upgrade to the 4d if they would like.

This is what is stated in the price protection documents listed at Carnival.com

Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests;

Since when they did change the rules? The OP did not state if they booked saver but when you submit for a price modification, on the form they ask if you want to OBC or credit. .Here is the form for early saver:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

...there is no where on the form asking if you are willy to pay extra for an upgrade

According to Carnival:

. Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; (ii) are a Carnival advertised rate (iii) is available for booking at the time the request is reviewed by Carnival's reservation agents.

edit: IF, and only IF they want to...when they submit the form they can ask to be upgraded from a 4B to a 4D. When carnival approves it, they will be upgraded to a 4D and there new category will be 4D

Here's a dingy for ya.

I submitted both the Best Price Guarantee form and the price protection form, I got a generic email right away from the Best Price and within an hour my rate was adjusted ($70.00). Never heard anything from the price protection people. We have two cabins and we put two newbies in a room together, if we were smart we could've split the past guest with them and then I could've gotten the price break for that cabin as well.

Generally when do prices start dropping? We are sailing in November and I booked E.S. Should I be looking every day now or closer to sailing?

everyday..prices can drop at random and they dont last long either. A price might drop for a few hours or days

Archived