Trasportation/Taxi rates info in ROATAN

elifnena

I need help with Taxis or transport companies other than Rony and Victor in Roatan, I was thinking of just going to the Mayan Princess Beach resort and was trying to see what affordable transportation there are, I will not do the sypline and all the others things, but will like to beach and maybe sightseeing deeding on the price. I believe were docking in Coxe Hole.;)

I need help with Taxis or transport companies other than Rony and Victor in Roatan, I was thinking of just going to the Mayan Princess Beach resort and was trying to see what affordable transportation there are, I will not do the sypline and all the others things, but will like to beach and maybe sightseeing deeding on the price. I believe were docking in Coxe Hole.;)

Here are the posted taxi rates from Mahogany Bay: http://www.mahoganybaycc.com/island-information/taxi-information.aspx I assume they would be pretty comparable from Coxen Hole since it is just a few miles down the road. But, I've assumed "wrong" many times before!

BTW, our last trip, we told Victor's driver that we wanted to spend our day at the beach...and that's just what we did. It was nice having the driver/guide there to watch our things, but we didn't do any ziplining, monkeys, touring, etc. It was great -- but, next visit, we're looking foward to a trip to South Shore ziplines. Already have Victor's guide Laura booked!

From what I understand, it is the same with Rony's guides. You only do what you want to do -- if you choose to go to the beach, then tell them "I only want to go to the beach!"

If you go to Mayan Princess, please check with them directly before coming to the resort. They do limit the number of day guests and do charge $10. It used ot be on a first come basis, no reservations, but that may have changed since several independent tour operators are using the facility.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived