Anchorage to Whittier transfer?

cw2go

I am sailing southbound out of Whittier and would like to arrange a transfer with Princess but we are flying in 4 days pre-cruise. We are planning to rent a car round trip Anchorage and then taking the transfer but am not sure of the logistics? The site asks for travel dates and flight info which will make no difference? We are touring Denali on our own pre-cruise.

Thanks in advance,

Patty

I think, (and somebody will correct me if I'm wrong), that you can still catch the Princess shuttles either at the airport, or at their location downtown at a convention center. Your only logistical requirement will be to get yourself there....taxi, hotel shuttle, etc.

Another option is to book a private shuttle. (Google search something like "Anchorage Whittier shuttle", and you'll get more than a few options).

The advantage there is that:

1) They tend to be cheaper,

2) They may pick you up at your hotel (service and hotel dependant), and

3) They may stop at scenic lookouts and attractions along the way

That's what the wife and I are planning for August. I can't FULLY endorse this option yet since we are only booked, and haven't completed the trip....but I definitely like the idea. :D

I am sailing southbound out of Whittier and would like to arrange a transfer with Princess but we are flying in 4 days pre-cruise. We are planning to rent a car round trip Anchorage and then taking the transfer but am not sure of the logistics? The site asks for travel dates and flight info which will make no difference? We are touring Denali on our own pre-cruise.

Patty

A couple of other options.

One is to take the train from Anchorage to Whittier. $65 per person. Leaves anchorage at 10:00 and arrives in Whittier at 12:05.

Keep rental car and pay one way drop fee to drop in Whittier.

I like the train. They collected our bags right off the train and it is a short walk to the ship.

We decided to do the Prince William Sound tour. Its a 6 hour tour with lunch from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. The tour company will pick you up from Anchorage and drive you to Whittier. While we were on the tour, they dropped our luggage off for us and after the tour they picked us up and drove us to the port.

The tour was excellent. If you are interested in a Prince William Sound tour, you may consider this option which would get you to Whittier as well.

WHITTIER, ALASKA

SHUTTLE BUS TRANSPORTATION

Thanks for your replys...this is a company I have found but seem to get mixed reviews? :confused:

$35 for a 3hr tour/Whittier drop off.

Any input,

Patty

Archived