Bowling Alley Balcony - Noise?

I have never had a problem when next to an elevator

We book lido

A friend was on a lower deck and hated it

It was not a elevator noise issue ,it was a meeting place for a rather large and loud family group which were hanging / laughing/ calling out to each other in that area that kept him up

One Cruise I heard the constant ding of the elevator all night long :(... you will also hear people as they enter & exit the elevators... Sometimes they are Very Happy and Very Loud...

had a room once ion the glory...dings never bothered me .. i guess mr grey goose helps ... but if you get a group like the othet poster satated that wopuld drive me crazy

one word of caution stay away from rooms near the laundry..

Im still trying to figure out what being next to a elevator has to do with bowling:o

LOL! The balcony for that cabin is longer.

OP, I hope you are not mistaking that balcony for the "bowling alley" balconies which you have seen mentioned in here (I have posted pics of ours in a number of threads). This is not one of those....they are on the Spirit Class ships. The one you have is maybe double the length of a regular balcony. The bowling alley balconies are triple the length.

This is not one of those....they are on the Spirit Class ships. The one you have is maybe double the length of a regular balcony. The bowling alley balconies are triple the length.

yep- this type of balcony is ONLY available on the Spirit class ships and there are only 3 balconies like it on the whole ship.

There are several handicapped cabins with a somewhat of a blowing alley.

Here is a photo

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

To the OP- your balcony will look nothing like this one- its long and narrow

LOL! The balcony for that cabin is longer.

OP, I hope you are not mistaking that balcony for the "bowling alley" balconies which you have seen mentioned in here (I have posted pics of ours in a number of threads). This is not one of those....they are on the Spirit Class ships. The one you have is maybe double the length of a regular balcony. The bowling alley balconies are triple the length.

I have stayed in 8234 and 8239 both Long Balconys on the Spirit ...so ya i get the Idea...just did not know they had these on the Magic...Thanks For clearing it up for me...

I have stayed in 8234 and 8239 both Long Balconys on the Spirit ...so ya i get the Idea...just did not know they had these on the Magic...Thanks For clearing it up for me...

can you tell me if 8239 gets noise from the pizza kitchen above.

Looking to get that cabin for my relatives.

Both these cabins are handicapped cabins and do not have a sofa.

the cabin you have on the magic is not a handicapped cabin and does not have a sofa-- but will be hard to move around in a wheel chair in that cabin

they have these on all ships from Victory/Destiny/Triumph all the way through to the newer ones. (only the spirit class ship do not have these Lshape cabins.

So let me get this straight; The Magic has a bowling alley on the balcony of several cabins?

Or it has a bowling Alley near the Elevators?

If it does I am in, I love to bowl, but I think bringing my own bowling ball in my checked baggage will be costly.

My ball has the image of a beer bottle in it, I wonder if it will get through?

OP- do you mean that your hear a noise that sounds like bowling? I was in an OV cabin on the Fascination (M156) that had that noise above me every morning from 6-7 am time frame. I could never figure out what it was...thought there was a balcony cabin above that was inset where the balcony would have actually been over my bed (which is where I heard the noise) and the occupants were moving the chairs around on the balcony...but no it wasn't that...maybe it was a steward closet above me and maybe that's what you're hearing...rolling/scraping of steward carts. If so, sorry to say it will be EVERY morning. Just looked at deck plans for the Fascination and the galley was 3 decks directly above me...must of been what I heard. You are all the way aft, but the Lido pool area is 3 decks directly above you...maybe that's what you are hearing or could be noise from whatever stairs your cabin is L shaped around.

Just looked at deck plans for the Fascination and the galley was 3 decks directly above me...must of been what I heard. You are all the way aft, but the Lido pool area is 3 decks directly above you...maybe that's what you are hearing or could be noise from whatever stairs your cabin is L shaped around.

you will not hear noise in your cabin from three decks away. Only whats above you or below you.

can you tell me if 8239 gets noise from the pizza kitchen above.

Looking to get that cabin for my relatives.

Both these cabins are handicapped cabins and do not have a sofa.

the cabin you have on the magic is not a handicapped cabin and does not have a sofa-- but will be hard to move around in a wheel chair in that cabin

8239 was by far the best cabin we have had.....no noise....8234 was alot of noise from upstairs and the storage next door from us....no couches in either cabin..bathrooms are huge and a great place to store wheelchairs or scooters while not in use

Archived