Pack & Go

flcruiser4

I noticed this morning that Pack & Go rates are now available for my September cruise. I booked ES and know that I cannot get a price drop to match Pack & Go rates.

My question is- if they already have these Pack & Go rates that they call last minute deals, does it mean I more than likely will not see the price go down more between now and the sail date? We got one small price drop a month ago and were very grateful for it, but I was hoping for another one. I booked the most expensive room on the ship before suites (OV midship on Empress deck since Inspiration does not have balconies).

I think you might see a price drop. My friend booked a 9C which there are few and they were sold out early, but someone must have cancelled or upgraded and one opened at a lower last minute price 8 days out and she got a huge price drop with a week to go.

pack n goes on your cruise probably mean its not selling all that well, so you might?

I think you might see a price drop. My friend booked a 9C which there are few and they were sold out early, but someone must have cancelled or upgraded and one opened at a lower last minute price 8 days out and she got a huge price drop with a week to go.

pack n goes on your cruise probably mean its not selling all that well, so you might?

Okay, thanks for the information. I wasn't sure when/why they offered Pack & Go rates. For my first cruise last year we booked less than 2 weeks before the sail date on a last minute deal for FL residents, so there wasn't any daily price checking to worry about :).

I was just on the Inspiration a few weeks ago and we did the Pack and Go a month out. The day after we booked the prices kept going up and up until the cruise sold out and wasn't available online anymore. I don't know if that is normal or not but I thought I would share.

I was just on the Inspiration a few weeks ago and we did the Pack and Go a month out. The day after we booked the prices kept going up and up until the cruise sold out and wasn't available online anymore. I don't know if that is normal or not but I thought I would share.

Thanks for sharing.

I know that there's no guarantee on deck or location but the Pack & Go rate is $100 less than what I paid, and $100 less than the current price for a guaranteed OV cabin (but no midship or Empress deck), so it's kind of frustrating. A $100 savings out of $760 in total cruise fares seems like a big deal to me.

I know that there's no guarantee on deck or location but the Pack & Go rate is $100 less than what I paid, and $100 less than the current price for a guaranteed OV cabin (but no midship or Empress deck), so it's kind of frustrating. A $100 savings out of $760 in total cruise fares seems like a big deal to me.

it doesnt hurt to ask- BUT these are guarantee cabins. You would have to give up your cabin and go to the guarantee type of room.

Some were able to - some were not. Call and ask

it doesnt hurt to ask- BUT these are guarantee cabins. You would have to give up your cabin and go to the guarantee type of room.

Some were able to - some were not. Call and ask

I did and was told I can't do it. Oh well, I'll just spend an extra $100 out of my own pocket rather than Carnival's on the ship. It won't stop me from booking excursions and buying drinks every night :).

By the way, what's the difference between Fun Saver and Pack & Go?

Fun Saver seems to always be offered.

Pack n goes are within the last couple of months before the cruise leaves at lower prices to fill the ship.

Im betting the pack n go rate is less than fun saver.

The price is the main difference.

Fun Saver seems to always be offered.

Pack n goes are within the last couple of months before the cruise leaves at lower prices to fill the ship.

Im betting the pack n go rate is less than fun saver.

The price is the main difference.

That's what I thought, but they have both rates listed which seems kind of stupid. I guess they're hoping someone will fall for the trick and pick Fun Saver.

Just kind of jumping in here. I had never actually seen a 'pack and go' rate (although I had heard of such) until yesterday.

Several months back I had found a super price (in my opinion) on a 4-day out of Tampa for Labor Day weekend. It was on Inspiration, OV ES, 3 in a room for $296 pp (including all taxes/fees/ect). One of the three of us is an unbelievable procrastinator and waited over a week after my finding it to decide she was in the mood to book. The rates increased over a Thursday night. I sent out an email to them both that since the deposit wasn't made, the prices went up & I wasn't going to pay more for her slackness. Of course she responded by saying "oh no, I was going to do it today for sure" Whatever.

Anyway- sorry for the vent now, it just still pisses me off.

Fast forward 3 months to yesterday. There is no longer an ES rate but this Pack & Go rate appeared for $320 pp (same as above, all inclusive). Of course now we are paying more, for only a guarantee room (both are non-refundable so that's no different) but I assumed that since the pack & go rates were still higher than the previous ES rates, and since we are just 52 days out, it wouldn't get any better.

What do you (anyone) think?

Fast forward 3 months to yesterday. There is no longer an ES rate but this Pack & Go rate appeared for $320 pp (same as above, all inclusive). Of course now we are paying more, for only a guarantee room (both are non-refundable so that's no different) but I assumed that since the pack & go rates were still higher than the previous ES rates, and since we are just 52 days out, it wouldn't get any better.

What do you (anyone) think?

If you found the pack n go yesterday it wasnt valid anyway, so its lucky it was higher, not lower than what you paid so you arent upset.

You cant price match to it anyway, so I would not worry about pack no go's and if they are lower or not as they are always only guarantees, and you had to pick a cabin to have booked ES.

Can you ask to be notified of "pack & go" rates or do you just have to find them yourself?

Just remind yourself to click on this link and save it. It will refresh itself.

https://www.goccl.com/content/specials/documents/PKGO.pdf

Here is a related link, seach for specials by your state, put your state in the drop down.

https://www.goccl.com/Specials/Default.aspx

If you found the pack n go yesterday it wasnt valid anyway, so its lucky it was higher, not lower than what you paid so you arent upset.

You cant price match to it anyway, so I would not worry about pack no go's and if they are lower or not as they are always only guarantees, and you had to pick a cabin to have booked ES.

What do you mean "if you found it yesterday it wasn't valid"? According to Carnival's website it's still available.

I don't want to price match, I don't have a cruise booked. As I mentioned, we didn't book it b/c my friend never paid her deposit. Now that the rates are coming back down, we are going to try it again.

What do you mean "if you found it yesterday it wasn't valid"? According to Carnival's website it's still availabl.

I don't want to price match, I don't have a cruise booked. As I mentioned, we didn't book it b/c my friend never paid her deposit. Now that the rates are coming back down, we are going to try it again.

You are right. They usually are only good from wednesday to friday, but when there is a holiday they seem to have extra days. I see now this week's is good thru today. Says thru July 10th ends. Wondering if thats a typo, because a friend wanted to book yesterday and her PVP told her she missed the cut off.

Am I understanding that if we booked at ES rates and the Pack n Go rate is lower that I can't get the OBC difference? And if so, why? Anyone know... thanx...

the rules on ES say you can only match to YOUR category.

since pack n gos and fun saver are both only guarantee categorys, YOUR category will never be part of those rates. ES you have to pick your cabin.

You cant price match downward .. but if a gty rate on a higher type category falls, sometimes they will allow you to pay the difference. Sometimes, as they told me its a case by case basis if they allow you to upgrade. Nothing in the ES rules says they have to allow you to upgrade.

Is that less than a group rate????

usually, as group rates are also higher than ES. The problem with group rates is you cant price match exactly anyway, unless you give up the perks or buy up to them by booking a cheaper rate.

Group rates are usually nothing to crow about. .. you have to take into consideration what perks come with the group rates and if they are worth it. Lets say the 4B is $469 group rate but you get a $75 OBC, but you could book a 4A ES for $429. So, for a extra $5 you can get a 4B.. you have to add everything together if its worth booking group rates...

but no you cant price match with group rates, and png's are probably going to be less.

Archived