Luberon Villages guided tour

Casaserena

We would like to take a guided tour of the Luberon villages. We will arrive in Toulon, France on July 14th.

Anybody knows of a good company to do this? I have seen some posts that recommend Catherine at design.tours, but she is booked, and I haven't been able to find an alternative. Thanks!!:)

If you cannot find a guide, consider renting a car for a self-guided tour. We recently returned from a two week stay in Saint Remy de Provence and I can tell you the driving is quite easy. If you do rent, be sure to also rent a GPS.

Luberon is a beautiful area...I hope you are able to enjoy it.

Lew

If you cannot find a guide, consider renting a car for a self-guided tour. We recently returned from a two week stay in Saint Remy de Provence and I can tell you the driving is quite easy. If you do rent, be sure to also rent a GPS.

Luberon is a beautiful area...I hope you are able to enjoy it.

Lew

Can I ask where you stayed? we usually stay in Lourmarin but may try St. Remy next time.

Thanks

Can I ask where you stayed? we usually stay in Lourmarin but may try St. Remy next time.

Certainly... We rented an apartment in a compound just west of and within walking distance of the village center.

Here's a link to information about the apartment we rented. The exterior photo doesn't do justice as there is now lavender growing in the foreground and vines on the trellis.

The owners live in Ireland and I dealt with their daughter. They have a person living in St. Remy who couldn't have been more helpful. I would rent this apartment again without question.

St. Remy was a wonderful location for a base as it's easy to get to just about anywhere from there. I had originally thought of staying in Aix, but was advised to stay further west as I would be closer to major points of interest. I'm very happy I took that advice.

If you have any questions, I suggest you start a new thread so as not to hijack this one.

Lew

Lew, thank you for the info.

Unfortunately the day we arrive is a bank holiday, and the car rentals at the train station in Toulon are closed. Even the rental cars at Toulon's airport are not open like in the States round the clock, so I am not sure this is a viable option. I will keep investigating. Thanks though.

Unfortunately the day we arrive is a bank holiday, and the car rentals at the train station in Toulon are closed. Even the rental cars at Toulon's airport are not open like in the States round the clock, so I am not sure this is a viable option.

Good luck to you in your search for a guide...

Lew

We would like to take a guided tour of the Luberon villages. We will arrive in Toulon, France on July 14th.

Anybody knows of a good company to do this? I have seen some posts that recommend Catherine at design.tours, but she is booked, and I haven't been able to find an alternative. Thanks!!:)

Hi Casaserena:

And Welcome to Cruisecritic.

You might contact Delphine Segret at www.transferts-service.com. She designed a wonderful day for me last year to several Luberon villages out of the port of Marseille. She was terrific to deal with, very responsive and

full of ideas based upon my interests. Don't know if she services Toulon, but, if not, she may well have a referral for you.

Sadly, my ship was unable to make this port due to those pesky mistral winds.

Hope this helps.

Martha

Archived