Can I substitute my Concierge Class bottle of wine?

Baseball fan

We are looking at reserving a concierge cabin. I noticed one of the benefits is a bottle of wine. We aren't really drinkers. Can I substitute the bottle of wine for something else? If so, what have others done? Thanks

People sometimes have a hard time having the sparkling wine switched for non sparkling wine, so it may prove difficult to have it switched to something entirely different. You can try asking your steward and/or at guest relations and/or your sommelier in the dining room if it may be substituted for something non-alcoholic but it may be easier to just give the bottle to someone else on board who would appreciate the gesture. I think with Concierge Class, Aqua Class and suites there are always going to be some perks that one utilizes and other perks that one does not utilize. This may just be a perk that you do not utilize.

We have never had a problem switching from the sparkling to another wine of the same cost. That said, we have never asked to have it changed to anything but another bottle of wine. Once red and twice white. Best of luck. It never hurts to ask! Worse case is they will not exchange it and you take it to your table and let your tablemates "enjoy" it. :)

We asked last week on Summit and heard the same reply as previous recent cruisers have reported -- according to latest directives, there is no switching. If it makes a difference, our sparkling wine gift was not on the regular wine menu.

From an accounting standpoint, I see why. The wine is charged to Captain's Club. If you trade it for something else, that would be charged to F&B. If F7B can't re-sell it, they are out the cost of the bottle you receive. They may have done it as a courtesy in the past, but perhaps this is now changing.

We were in a C3 cabin last month on Equinox and found a chilled bottle of sparkling wine waiting for us when we boarded. We are not wine drinkers but our friends who traveled with us are. They enjoyed their bottle as soon as they boarded. We gave them our bottle and we asked our sommelier about switching it and using it the the MDR and she said " no problem at all" "just bring it and I will chill it for you or you can exchange it with $28 credit for any other bottle we have". So one night we did bring it and she held it until our friends were ready for a a few nights later. Could not be any easier for us.

Our recent cruise in a concierge class had a champagne bottle on ice when we boarded, not wine.

FYI champagne is a type of wine. Also, it likely was sparkling wine, not champagne.

Champagne comes from Champagne, France. All others are considered sparkling wine. Not that it matters to the OP, :)

Again, just ask, the worse they can say is no. If they don't change it out, either give to your tablemates or have them mix it with OJ for breakfast and share with those around you. That will make you some new friends.

Archived