when room numbers are assigned

Hello everyone, we sail on August 9th 2011 on Navigator to Alaska and I was wondering how long before sailing you are notified of your room number. We haven't received anyinfo yet. Also no plane tickets or hotel info for our stay the night before sailing.

Thanks Sindy from Texas

Sindy,

Normally (unless you book a "guarenteed" level) you get your suite number when you book; so, I'll assume you booked a "guarenteed" level suite. When we've done that we have found out as little as 2 weeks prior to departure. Airlines tickets should come with your cruise packet (if I remember right) about 30 days out. You could ask your TA to run this down for you.

Greg

Sindy,

There are no "tickets" any more. You will have an e-ticket which means you only need the confirmation number which is a 6 digit alpha numeric number. Based on our next cruise, the Regent sight shows that airline info will be available 75 days prior to embarkation so assume your is there already. Just login on the Regent website and view your cruise information and there should be a link to your airline info.

You need that number when you contact the airline to change your seats if you don't like what are there now. You can also most likely go to the airline website and use this number to print a confirmation of your flight(s).

Am guessing that you can get your hotel information on the website or by calling Regent directly and leaving out the middle man, your TA. As far as your suite number, if you are a guarantee, that can come at any time up until you check in on the ship. If you are not a guarantee, your suite number is on the website in your account.

Hope this all helps,

Dave

We did not get our cabin number until arriving on the

Ship the day of sailing.....

This can happen if you have booked on a Guarantee basis (GTY). But the Regent website has most of the other info. Just set up "my account" and there is a wealth of information. Also did the OP not get booking confirmation which, in our case contains flight information.

Like the OP, we also have a GTY suite (penthouse) and haven't been assigned a room yet for our upcoming cruise, July 27 Navigator.

Our "my account" section still shows GTY.

We'll be fine with finding out when we board, but I am wondering: does Regent ever upgrade GTYs?

My guess is that there's not much chance of that happening on an Alaska cruise; surely they are usually fully booked? But one can always hope. :)

And Dave ... they don't send out those booklets any more? I was surprised when we received a really nice one for our first Regent cruise in March, as the other lines had stopped sending those a long time ago.

So now Regent doesn't send them out either?

Thanks,

Jan

We've had a couple of GTY "upgrades." From an H on Mariner to an E :rolleyes:; and, once from a C to a B on PG (when run by Regent). The latter was a good deal. The former didn't really pass the "so what" test.

Greg

Generally, when there are upper level suites available, they are offered at a discounted price to passengers who already have their suite assignment. This is done less than two weeks prior to the departure date. This creates availability in the lower level cabins. I suppose that a person could get a small upgrade -- to the same size suite on a different deck. IMO, the best place to be on the Navigator is on a lower deck -- mid-ship. The suite sizes do not increase until you get to the Navigator suite level.

Greg and Travelcat, thanks SO much for the great info about upgrades!

Greg, love your expression, the "so what" test! Hadn't heard that before. Will have to remember that!

We have had just a few upgrades through the years, and all but one of them would not really pass the so what test.

We will be fine with any ph they give us; guess the least we'll get is a C.

We're just happy to be cruising Regent again; I think we've found our favorite cruise line now.

Regards,

Jan

Archived