questions about Miami and 4 night cruises

misha1

I rarely read about the shorter cruises in this forum and normally I would opt for at least a 7 day cruise but I have the opportunity to join some folks from work who are planning a 4 night cruise...probably with Celebrity in Feb. of '06. My questions are this...because it is a shorter cruise, are there still casual, semi-formal, and formal night dining dress codes? What is the average age on these cruises? Does a Captain's Club member still get cruise credits for advancement in the club program? What are some usual hotels that are offered on Priceline pre-cruise....that is, which hotels are commonly coming up as popular picks? If we choose not to use Priceline, what hotels are nearby the ports or are reasonably priced and near some restaurants and shopping? Thank you

I rarely read about the shorter cruises in this forum and normally I would opt for at least a 7 day cruise but I have the opportunity to join some folks from work who are planning a 4 night cruise...probably with Celebrity in Feb. of '06. My questions are this...because it is a shorter cruise, are there still casual, semi-formal, and formal night dining dress codes? What is the average age on these cruises? Does a Captain's Club member still get cruise credits for advancement in the club program? What are some usual hotels that are offered on Priceline pre-cruise....that is, which hotels are commonly coming up as popular picks? If we choose not to use Priceline, what hotels are nearby the ports or are reasonably priced and near some restaurants and shopping? Thank you

Hi Misha !

I checked with Captains Club (as 4 night sailings are new for Celebrity), and they said there will be at least 1 formal night. My guess is there will be either 0 or 1 Semi-formal night (they did not know the answer on Semi-Formal), and the others would be casual.

They did say you would get 1 credit for the cruise. As for hotels, hopefully, someone else will answer. As I live in South Florida, I do not use the hotels.

I hope my answers were helpful.

The Marriott Marina is the best hotel we've gotten through Priceline in Fort Lauderdale. We've only managed to get it once. It's in the downtown zone. There's a water taxi stop right at the hotel. There's a little strip shopping center a few of blocks away.

The Wyndham and Sheraton are 3* hotels in the airport zone. We've gotten them when we couldn't get a 3* hotel in the downtown zone. They both have nice pools and a shuttle from the airport. A cab ride is about $10 to the port. There's nothing near either hotel, but we've enjoyed our stays at them when we've arrived late the afternoon before our cruises.

Go to Bidding for Travel to get bidding tips for hotels.

IMO the nicest hotel on SE 17th Street is the Renaissance... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLBR

It's directly across from the entrance to Port Everglades, and there are restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Several people also report getting this hotel on Priceline, but I'm not familiar with how that works. I'm way too picky to take my chances with that.

• 6 months later...

My understanding is that my ship leaves from Miami on 12/8. I will be arriving at about 3:00p day prior. Never been to Miami except to cruise. Any ideas for night prior hotels and maybe restaurant ideas?

Thanks!!

I've gotten the Renaissance & the Hyatt in Miami through Priceline. Both were excellent properties. I know the prices have gone up a bit, I got these hotels in the $40 range about 2 years ago, but even with a higher bid you may get one of these. These are listed as 3 star properties. These were close to Bayside Marketplace which has several restaurant options.

Archived