Pack Beach Towels?

lproots

Actually, the beach towels are in your room no later than the day before your first port. Do not use these towels poolside as there are racks of towels there. The beach towels are a little bit larger than the poolside towels. You can use as many poolside towels as you wish, when finished - put them in the towel bins. Both are yellow, but the beach towel has blue writing with Celebrity on it. If you do not have the beach towel in your room at the end of your cruise, you will be charged $28 per towel.

We always bring our own for shore excursions. We were on an excursion where a big wave came up over the ship and a couple people lost their towels overboard. I wouldn't want to pay the $28/towel. You might not even lose the towel, someone could lose theirs and replace it with yours. I have seen this as well. To me, I rather bring my own as opposed to losing $28.

I know it's against ship policy, but you could always grab one from poolside and use it only to return it to your room later in the cruise.

One trick used by friends of ours is to pack some very old towels from home that can be left behind when you return from the beach. They just don't like lugging around wet towels when shopping or doing other things after a day at the beach.

A related one is to buy some ugly ones on sale at a discount store at a very low price.

In any case, towels are not a big issue. We save the packing space and leave them home.

Archived