Would like to get the straight up on Baltimore taxi service..

ERNLYN

Can anyone bring me up to date on Baltimore taxi fees. Its my understanding that "BWI AIRPORT TAXI" has exclusive rights for p/u @ BWI to the cruise port (in this case located at 2001 E. Mommas st). Is this True? And does anyone know the charge?

That being said I understand that ANY taxi company can p/u at the above mentioned port address and deliver the passenger to BWI Airport. Is this true? And does anyone know the charge?

Can anyone bring me up to date on Baltimore taxi fees. Its my understanding that "BWI AIRPORT TAXI" has exclusive rights for p/u @ BWI to the cruise port (in this case located at 2001 E. Mommas st). Is this True? And does anyone know the charge?

That being said I understand that ANY taxi company can p/u at the above mentioned port address and deliver the passenger to BWI Airport. Is this true? And does anyone know the charge?

It is true that there is only one taxi service that operates from BWI which is the one you mentioned. I never use them so I cannot tell you what their rates are. I think if you were to use the Super Shuttle van service it will save you some $$$. All taxi's in Baltimore can take you to the airport and if I recall it is a flat rate from Downtown and the cruise port.

Another idea if you do not want to use the taxi service at BWI would be to use a hotel shuttle (free) to any of the nearby airport hotels and then take a taxi. There is no exclusive taxi service in the hotel zone just have the bellman call a taxi or look for one outside on your own. I still would not know what the fare would be from there either since I do not use taxi's much in Baltimore.

Thanks ENG23 for your reply. we are flying in on the day of the cruise (Sunday). I checked on the following

Baltimore Tours R/T $95.36 for two passengers

Airport Shuttle " $82.00 "

Shuttle Fare " $82.00 "

Super Shuttle " $74.00 "

Taxi BWI to Port ?

Taxi Port to BWI ?

If anyone can confirm these or have different charges would like your comments, thanks

Thanks ENG23 for your reply. we are flying in on the day of the cruise (Sunday). I checked on the following

Baltimore Tours R/T $95.36 for two passengers

Airport Shuttle " $82.00 "

Shuttle Fare " $82.00 "

Super Shuttle " $74.00 "

Taxi BWI to Port ?

Taxi Port to BWI ?

If anyone can confirm these or have different charges would like your comments, thanks

Hi ERNLYN. Was the Super Shuttle price per person? Do you have more than two in your party? If $74 on Super Shuttle is per person that is very high. The normal Super Shuttle fare to a downtown hotel is usually about $14 per person and you would reach the port before getting to downtown.

If the $74 Super Shuttle fare is round trip for more than one person then I would say that makes sense. A taxi will might be a little higher in fare.

The taxi's FROM BWI are metered. The rates listed on that page are averages. Since you are traveling on a Sunday, there shouldn't be any delays. So the fare should be +/-$35

There is a flat $30 rate from the Maryland cruiseport TO BWI (see www.cruisemaryland.com)

Aloha,

John

Thanks for the info John.

thank you hancogran, I think we will do the taxi both ways.

Looks like for up to 4 passengers rates will be;

BWI to Port $35.00 +/_, and

$30.00 flat rate for Port to BWI.....

thank you hancogran, I think we will do the taxi both ways.

Looks like for up to 4 passengers rates will be;

BWI to Port $35.00 +/_, and

$30.00 flat rate for Port to BWI.....

When you exit the port building after going through customs, there's lots of shuttles offering transportation to the airport..but the prices were higher. We walked around to the front of the building and there were a few taxis sitting there and the price was cheaper! :) I'd read on these boards that it was $30 to BWI so no way was I going to pay $35 or $40, which is what a lot were charging ! lol ;)

Happy cruising! :)

When you exit the port building after going through customs, there's lots of shuttles offering transportation to the airport..but the prices were higher. We walked around to the front of the building and there were a few taxis sitting there and the price was cheaper! :) I'd read on these boards that it was $30 to BWI so no way was I going to pay $35 or $40, which is what a lot were charging ! lol ;)

Happy cruising! :)

Good tip!!

Archived