Cruise talent on Americas Got talent

So last year on the Majesty there was a performer "Jeff the Juggler"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_gA5GFRb8U

and as I was watching AGT on the DVR he was one of the Judge Favorites...but his audition was aweful but I think its because he is used to an audiance but he was the guy with the headband and the ping pong paddles! We were pretty excited to see him on there because we thought he was great...but its a shame he didnt make it further in the competion:D

I missed this act, both live and on America's Got Talent, but I've thought a lot of the acts would be great to see on a cruise ship. I wish someone on the cruise lines would get the idea of hiring some of these acts--it would add a lot of variety to the entertainment offerings on board.

Drew Thomas is a magician who i think made the finals on the show that performed on our FOS cruise in May. Also from what i understand the Texas Tenors also from the show work on RCI ships as well.

Drew Thomas

His show on the ship was fantastic by the way.

Texas Tenors

Also i think Mosaic an a capella group that was on AGT and won an MTV singing contest type show either does perform or used to perform on Liberty.

I would assume that there are a lot more working on RCI and other lines. These variety types of acts are a perfect fit for cruise shows.

Most of these acts worked on ships BEFORE they appeared on the show.

Drew Thomas and Mosaic, two mentioned above, for sure (Despite Drew Thomas's heart-wrenching video clips of him talking about working in a coffee shop to support his family). I also personally know at least four acts from AGT who have worked on ships before being on the show.

The reality of reality TV is that it is not real.

Most of the acts that make it through to these shows are invited to attend a private audition, not the cattle-calls that they show on the TV and are made out to be more amateur hopefuls than they actually are.

A few from the cattle calls make it through, but outside of the singers and novelty acts (Dog trainers and kids doing impressions) you will find they are all professionals.

I have a friend who works on Britain's Got Talent... and the stories of what the show sets up would shock you.

These shows are looked down upon in the entertainment industry. One of the biggest insults you can give a singer is to say "You should be on Idol".

A friend of mine has the standard response "No thanks, I already have a job".

I missed this act, both live and on America's Got Talent, but I've thought a lot of the acts would be great to see on a cruise ship. I wish someone on the cruise lines would get the idea of hiring some of these acts--it would add a lot of variety to the entertainment offerings on board.

Unfortunately, a 5-7 minute act on TV does not always translate to a good 45-50 minute headliner show.

I think juggler Charlie Peachock is on this season? Another RCI act . . also Mario & Jenny were on years back - and on Brit's Got Talent there was Crazeehorse (if you travel on the European ships)

Yes, Charles Peachock is on this year, and we all hope he gets through, watch this up coming week and if he does he will need everyones vote to keep him going, He is a great guy, funny, and great at what he does. And what a body, lol

www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/video/charles-peachock-in-vegas/1339109

If this link does not work then you can go to A G T on N B C to see it, or ask to be his friend on face book. He has all the info on face book, and videos of past performances.

• 2 weeks later...
The Texas Tenors was the headliner show on our July 10 Allure cruise...incredible show!

The Texas Tenors performed on HAL beore AGT. They are incredibly talented and have many sold-out shows when they tour, or perform at Branson. They perform regularly on RCI ships, and the dates

are on their website. I think that other than Terry Fator, they have one of the more sussessful post-AGT careers, deservedly so, IMHO:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sue!! It's been a couple of years - see you will be busy the next few months sailing around! We are booked for the Oasis in January. Am so excited! Last year was an all-inclusive in Aruba. Had a blast but miss the cruising. Will probably alternate, both are great especially with travel group we have. Anne

Archived