Port Everglades to Port of Miami

AndyP7

Hi everyone,

I've done some research using the search feature but can't find info on my specific situation, so hope someone can help.

I'm looking for transportation from Port Everglades to the Port of Miami (debarking one ship in FLL and embarking another ship in Miami on the same day). It's just me travelling. I've checked SAS and he has a 6 passenger minimum to go from Port Everglades to POM. I don't drive so can't rent a car. I could consider a taxi/private limo, both of which are costly. I'm thinking of just taking a cab back to the FLL airport and connecting with SAS there (since I believe there is no minimum from FLL). I have sent an email to Steve at SAS to confirm this is possible, but in the meantime is there any other option I haven't considered?

Although it's a bit of a pain to travel back to the airport, I think it might be the most cost effective way overall (even including the cost of the cab). If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know!

Thanks,

Andrea

You could ask SAS if you could just pay for 6 passengers. It might cost slightly less than a taxi and you'll have a flat rate so you won't have to worry about being charged more if there is a lot of traffic. Or you could contact SAS 2 weeks before your cruise to see if they are willing to add you to a group they are already picking up at Port Everglades. I've called several companies, and other than SAS they all seem to charge just about the same as taxis.

Your best bet is the one you identified, cab to FLL or better to an airport area hotel for breakfast (you will have a few hours to kill between getting off the ship in PE and leaving for POM, so why not breakfast and maybe a few mimosas? :D), and then shuttle with SAS or QLS to POM. Good luck! :)

Cab to FLL and SAS to Port of Miami shouldn't be more than $30-35 or so. Private car, and presumably cab, from Port Everglades to POM is $75 with Go Airport Direct (http://www.floridalimo.com). You'll basically have to decide if the cost savings is worth the inconvenience to take a cab, wait for however long the shuttle van waits before leaving FLL and riding with a bunch of other people in what could be a less than comfortable van seat.

I would take the Town Car myself.

I am looking for transport myself and I looked on Craig's list today. I called one and he had a price of 40.00. I don't know how that figures into the costs that you have already received. I also don't know how dependable that would be. I would guess if he didn't show you could go to plan b the taxi.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions - much appreciated!

royalcruz, thanks for calling around - that was more than I expected :)

JohninDC, I particularly like the mimosa idea! ;)

DanJ, I seriously considered a private car - the quotes I've received for a flat rate including gratuity are all in the $100-$115 range. Still you raise good points about what my time is worth :)

jjaazzy, I'm not sure how comfortable I would be going with someone on Craig's list. It might be perfectly safe but I would be freaking out the whole time - and 45 min is a long time to be freaking out!! :eek:

I'm now leaning towards Quality Limo Service. Their customer service has been excellent and they have scheduled shuttles that leave at specific times from FLL airport so I wouldn't be waiting around circling in a shuttle van waiting for people to fill the van. If I can get the 10am shuttle, that'll get me to POM by around 11am, which to me is perfect check-in/boarding time.

Thanks again,

Andrea

• 2 weeks later...

Archived