When to rent a cabana on Labadee

southt00

Hi:

I am getting conflicting info. We will be suite guests on a RCCL cruise in November. I emailed the concierge about when to put in a request for a cabana. The reply was 4-5 days before the cruise. In reading the board, people have mentioned that they emailed the concierge a month before.

We have rented a cabana before but I can't remember the lead time.

Any help would be appreciated. We have a small child and two elderly grandparents so we need to ensure they have shade and a cabana that is easily accessible.

Thank you all in advance!

The concierge sends an email the week before and that's when they start taking requests for the cabanas. Some people are jumping the gun by emailing ahead of time though. Suite guests are supposed to get first choice so I'm not sure if the ones that email early are put on a wait list if they aren't in a suite.

My daughter got a cabana in April with the normal lead time of a week. She wrote as soon as she got the email and requested one. That week there was someone that wrote a couple of months before hand and they weren't in a suite but got a cabana. It caused quite a problem for the concierge since suite guests didn't get a cabana. I wouldn't think that concierge would do that again.

If you write to the concierge 2 weeks ahead of time and explain you need a cabana for your grandparents and small child, I'd hope you'd get priority. Not everyone knows about the cabanas or even Barefoot Beach until they get the email the week before the cruise. Good luck!

Well, if you wait til the concierge emails you, you could still be waiting after you get back from your cruise. On Explorer in spring 2010, we were in a GS and we NEVER heard from the concierge. They did have some cabanas left even the day before Labadee, but we didn't book one. Table mates did and we used it alittle. We plan to get on in Oct so I hope we hear from our concierge, or he'll be hearing from me. We'll be in FL and WDW the week before but I'll have my laptop and internet access.

With all the technology, it should be an online booking process. The computer knows what cabin type you have and if you have paid in full. If you meet the criteria, allow us to book them online or via customer service. Takes the ambiguity out of the process.

As a suite guest on Disney, certain items were able to be booked prior to the rest of the sailing public. So, I know it can be done.....

T.

Archived