Life Jacket for 3 year old

mitsugirly

That is why when peopl on her mention they are getting one to take along as a precaution for their infant/toddler I recommend trying it out first. It certainly wouldnt be "life saving" unless you were able ton hold the child upwards.

I completely agree. That's why something as important as this, I preferred to buy one locally and "try it out". That way if it doesn't work, I can simply return it and try something else. (Which is a good thing since I haven't had any success to this date).

We are going to go out to the pool in the next hour to try out our new puddle jumper. She's getting excited and has been wearing it around the house. :D

HAPPY TO REPORT....

I'm a believer now. It's works just like I wanted it to! :D I feel a lot better now knowing that I don't have to worry about it accidentally deflating or getting popped while swimming and especially not worrying about the arm pieces coming off. :)

Video's and pictures to follow once I get them uploaded.

HAPPY TO REPORT....

I'm a believer now. It's works just like I wanted it to! :D I feel a lot better now knowing that I don't have to worry about it accidentally deflating or getting popped while swimming and especially not worrying about the arm pieces coming off. :)

Video's and pictures to follow once I get them uploaded.

The Stearns Company thanks you for helping them market their product! :)

Seeing is believing, so I'm sold too. I'm going to go and get these for my kids. Thanks again for all your help!

The Stearns Company thanks you for helping them market their product! :)

Seeing is believing, so I'm sold too. I'm going to go and get these for my kids. Thanks again for all your help!

Ha ha, I bet they do. But when it comes to something that actually works for small children that haven't learn to swim yet, they have hit the nail on the head with this one.

You're welcome and thanks to B&Z's Mom for suggesting it. Thumbs up to you!! :D :)

Target also has Speedo children's swim vests (note: swim, not life, vests) that we have used successfully for years with our grandchildren.

We live on a lake and are very safety conscious. When the children were little, these swim vests worked the best because they did not tip them over and are much more comfortable to wear than regular life jackets. We took them on a family cruise, too.

Children do have to be able to hold themselves upright in the water in them (by moving arms, whatever), but we've used them successfully with even some under-twos. This shouldn't be a problem for a three-year-old.

Some children are downright scared by the regular orange vests.

Of course, this is all predicated on the assumption that you are not (I know you're not by your post) depending on these as the ultimate safety vest. Nothing beats an adult right there and with their attention on the child.

As a former life guard and swimming teacher I do not like the inflatable arm rings or using swim rings and mattresses as other than for fun, not for safety.

Ha ha, I bet they do. But when it comes to something that actually works for small children that haven't learn to swim yet, they have hit the nail on the head with this one.

You're welcome and thanks to B&Z's Mom for suggesting it. Thumbs up to you!! :D :)

You're welcome :) Glad you found it at an inexpensive price, here in Canada they retail for $34.99 which is why I don't have one for DS2 yet.

Wow, what a big price difference! :eek:

Kind of like the $30-ish you can spend on a Costco Scenera in the USA...same seat ON SALE this week is $99!

And people wonder why we only cruise once a year...lol!:D

Archived