Food on Princess Train

txmomcruiser

Can you bring your own food on the Princess train from Denali to Talkeetna? The Princess website says no but I'm sure I have seen other posts somewhere stating that should because the food on the train is very expensive and really not very good.

Thanks in advance.

Can you bring your own food on the Princess train from Denali to Talkeetna? The Princess website says no but I'm sure I have seen other posts somewhere stating that should because the food on the train is very expensive and really not very good.

Thanks in advance.

The double decker train has a dining level below. When you take off, they go down the aisle asking if you are planning to eat there because they can only take so many at a time. Our friends went and said the choices were "OK", nothing special. We didn't realize you weren't suppose to bring food on, so DH had gone across the street from the Denali Lodge and picked up a couple of sandwiches to take with us. We ate them on board and no one said anything.

We did HAL on train but there were some passengers that were cruising w/ Princess and just got off at different hotels. As noted, they go through the upper level train and ask how many are eating in the dining car. You go down in assigned groups because the dining car can only accommodate so many people. Several people did not eat so they either brought their own food or were on a diet. LOL Seriously, don't think they pay any attention to whether you eat sandwiches you brought on board. They have a bar set up on the upper level cars so you can get coffee, tea, soda or alcoholic beverages upstairs also.

We did eat on the train from Fairbanks to Denali (we had breakfast) and again from Denali to Juneau (lunch as we left Denali at noon). We thought the food was pretty decent and about the same price you would pay anywhere. I had a burger for lunch and that was excellent.

Mary

Archived