Started back at fitness bootcamp today!

Rockwife

Hooah! Any other campers out there?

We've got a mid-November cruise booked and I have some fat to lose, some muscle to gain, and a smaller size to fit.

I took four months off and today's first PT test reflected all my sloth! I have a lot of work to do.

No interest in an exercise thread?

Y'all do realize eating is only part of the equation, right?

Funny!

I would love to do bootcamp, but it's too dang expensive around me and I can't justify belonging to a gym and spending whatever out of pocket for boot camp. I'm currently at the gym five to six days a week, doing multiple things; usually five to nine hours a week (depending on my time and motivation). My biggest problem is when I work out, it makes me hungry...and a stupid apple and a piece of cheese just won't do it for me! HAH! Have fun with the push ups, sit ups, and running. And feel free to yell bad words at the instructor...they ask for it!

Funny!

I would love to do bootcamp, but it's too dang expensive around me and I can't justify belonging to a gym and spending whatever out of pocket for boot camp. I'm currently at the gym five to six days a week, doing multiple things; usually five to nine hours a week (depending on my time and motivation). My biggest problem is when I work out, it makes me hungry...and a stupid apple and a piece of cheese just won't do it for me! HAH! Have fun with the push ups, sit ups, and running. And feel free to yell bad words at the instructor...they ask for it!

Ha! Our instructors are actually very nice until we try to rest, then all bets are off! ;p

I understand it is pricey and that's why I can only go part time. My program has a nutrition portion, too, so I do end up eating out a lot less and I can offset the cost there.

Having just gotten back into exercising after a break I will admit that once I let myself get hungry it's not the normal "oh, I'm a little peckish". It's more like, "OMG, I have to eat NOW!!!" Eating smaller meals more often seems to help this, but it's a tough transition.

I work traditional hours (M-F/ 9-5), so gyms are terrible at my schedule. They're so packed with people when I can go, it's too easy to put it off and make excuses to avoid exercise. Sounds like it works great for you, though! Good job!

I work traditional hours (M-F/ 9-5), so gyms are terrible at my schedule. They're so packed with people when I can go, it's too easy to put it off and make excuses to avoid exercise. Sounds like it works great for you, though! Good job!

I love excuses! I can make an excuse for anything! I work crazy hours and have two crazy kids, so I leave at 5:30 most mornings. I get there still have asleep, but I'm awake by the time I leave.

I love excuses! I can make an excuse for anything! I work crazy hours and have two crazy kids, so I leave at 5:30 most mornings. I get there still have asleep, but I'm awake by the time I leave.

Hi Liz!

Early morning workouts are the best for me, too. Not only do I get it out of the way and feel better the rest of the day, but there's no opportunity to talk myself out of it. I just roll out of bed, brush my teeth, get dressed and go!

(It must be so much harder with kids. My doggie can wait for her breakfast. hee!)

Michele

• 3 weeks later...

The results are in! In just one month I've lost 4% body fat and over 4 pounds.

To most dieters 4 pounds in one month is not a lot, but the body fat loss indicates I gained muscle and bone density (both of which cause weight GAIN!)

The pants that were tight at the beginning of the month are now lose and I think I'll be ready for that bathing suit in November!

Archived